Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my music started to cut off and on, off and on, and then just ceased to play altogether. Let me back up some...i have a 2-channel amp running my car speakers (no subs at the moment). I have a capacitor tied to that amp. with car off and key in ignition, it reads around 12V, as it should. but when i start the car, the voltage on the cap varies between 9 and 11 Volts, causing the amp to not have enough power to play my beloved Tupac. :cool: took my car to advanced Auto and got the alternator and battery checked - they're both working fine. what could the problem be?

·
Noob in Training
38 Posts
?

I would start by removing the Capacitor. Then give it a shot. If it still doesn't work properly it could also be something wrong with your voltage regulator if your car has one.

Good luck!

·
Del The Funky One
763 Posts
What amp is it?

It sounds like something is loose, connection-wise. Or perhaps the amp is going into protect for some reason.

Your voltage shouldn't DROP when you start your car, it should increase (to around 14 volts). Lose the cap, you probably don't have enough power to merit having it anyway.

What car is it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.