Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
nub
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting a pair of 12w0's and i was told to get this one 700w 2ch alpine amp. I'm just wondering if theres anything better to go with these for less than 200

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Are they 4 or 8 ohm?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Is that 700w RMS @ 350 a channel?

Yowsa! That's quite a load you're putting on a W0 series subwoofer. You must really like your headroom.

·
JL Fanatik
42 Posts
Hey, i got a pair of 8 ohm 12 W0 s in my camry. You dont need that much power bud. Im running a power acoustik gothic series 2 channel thats 520 peak and i cant run full load on the subs, but trust me, the mothers hit.

·
nub
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so besides the power acoustik, are there any other suggestions for an amp?

also, would a single box for both subs be best or 2 individual boxes be best...or doesn't matter?

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
You only need an amp that will produce 500 watts bridged at 4 ohms, like an MTX, or you can run a 700 watt amp and keep the gains down on it. I have a high end amp if your interested for 425 shipped.

·
nub
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not lookin to spend that much scratch :hammer:
but do you have any model #'s i can look at for the mtx or should a 500w mtx ebay search do me fine?

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
MTX 502 about 185 bucks

·
nub
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
there werent too many 4 ohms on ebay :thumbdown:

but how bout the box now? should i get one dual box or 2 singles, or doesn't it matter? i'd kindof prefer 2 singles so i can stick them in the corners but i want the most bang for what i've got

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
The sub can take a little more than 125w, my friend is running 300 to a single 12, and he has no problems.

·
nub
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, new development :)

they are 4ohm, i just got them today and i decided to check what they said for shits and giggles, they said 12w0-4. the ebay add said 8 ohms...oh well.

so what do i want in an amp now?

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
You need an amp that will bridge down to a 2 ohm load, most class D's do, but I like the class A/B amps, many will argue that they are the same, but they are not. Finding a class A/B down to 2 ohm will cost you a little more than a class D though, so if your trying to save money then just get a class D. Otherwise the 250/1 will work perfect you can get a good price on those too.

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Arc Audio, Tru Technology, DLS, Zapco are all class A/B amps

Arc makes a class T amp (combination of both A/B and D

Rockford, Phoenix Gold, Hifonics, Kicker, Cadence all make class D amps of some kind

·
Registered
Avalon
262 Posts
You might wanna look at these amps
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13761
they are about as good as they come. Power Acoustiks are good too for the money. Don't buy a Rockford, or you'll pay for the name. I've seen a lot of bad Sonys too. Anything other than that is good. I have a q logic box that is two seperate boxes in one or it looks just like a regular box, but has a divider in the middle. I'd go with one box and mount the amp on the back. I made mine theftproof too. Too bad you don't live around here, I want to sell my 12's in a box for $125, and you could have got a real nice amp. Check www.thezeb.com for poweracoustik amps; they have about the best price and free s/h. I'd recommend getting a warranty, as amps become a disposable item when broken. Good Luck.
you might wanna try www.cbrstereo.com too

·
nub
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
is it ok to mount the amp on the box? i was thinkin of puttin it on the back of my seats since they are fold down but the box would work decently too

1 - 20 of 23 Posts