Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
05 Taco PreR AC TRD
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for an amp(s) to run 6.5 components (front doors) and a pair of eu700’s (access cab doors). I want to keep the space in the back open, so I’m looking for something that’ll fit under the seat.

So what’s everyone running?

·
Tacoholic
343 Posts
I would recommend putting an amp under the driver seat first of all. The passenger seat has extra wires under it for airbag and seat belt pressure sensors.

Also, a 3rd passenger is more likely to sit behind the passenger and you don't want their toes kicking your amp.

No, as far as what amps will fit? A lot, there is a ton of room under the drivers seat for an amp. Mine is very large 4 channel Pheonix Gold. It isn't sitting flat on the ground. In the front of there is a tall lump on the drivers side of the drivers seat (towards the drivers door.) The front left corner of the amp is sitting on that lump and the front right quarter of the amp is up in the air.

As far as demensions go my amp is 14.25 x 9.25 x 2.25". The wires come out of the ends of the amp though, not the sides. I think it is better for the wires to come out of the ends of the amp so they are not going to get caught by the seat sliding back or forth.

I have an acces cab by the way.

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
What's the mounting depth for the rear doors? Those EU-700s need 3.6" which is quite deep. Even with a baffle, you might have to do some modifications to the door panel itself seeing as those speakers have some major excursion.

·
Registered
05 Taco PreR AC TRD
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i saw a post on CT if someone who installed eu700's on their access doors, but i can't sem to find the link. i'll keep looking.

would an Alpine MRP-T240 be alright to run the components and eu700's?

the radio i'm leaning towards is the Alpine CDA-9855

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
Angus_NB, who is also a member here is the one you're talking about. I have a pair of the eu's as well. I'm waiting until we get some nice weather to rip everything out and do the install right. They do have enough space. You have to widen the hole in the taco tunes mounts. But they are deep enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts