Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone; :eek:

I am picking up a 2005 Speedway Blue Taco SR5 4x4 Quad Cab with 68,000 km. this Saturday.

Now the question - as the 'bumper to bumper' warranty finished at 60,000 km. (the powertrain warranty is in effect 'til 100,000km), what would be your advice about purchasing an ECP package. (On the Toyota Canada website it looks like it's about $1,900 for 36 months/36,000 km) ... I think.

I just don't know enough about potential problems and I would appreciate any thoughts/advice you all have?????

·
Tragically Hip
342 Posts
Save your money on the extended powertrain warranty and just change all of your fluids over to synthetic (Engine, Diff's, Tansfer Case), change the Auto Transmission fluid with new Toyota AT Fluid and keep your baby for many years of trouble free driving.

You should also inquire if your truck has had the Exhaust Manifold TSB done??

And there is a new rear-leaf TSB that replaces the 3-leaf design with an improved 4-leaf system.

Do a search on these there are a few threads?

·
Registered
333 Posts
if you decide to get the ECP i would suggest shopping around a bit.. the previous owner of my truck bought the ECP till 100.000km and i got some info today from toyota and they said if i wanted to buy extra it would be $1500,00, i might call around later on too...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.