Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys know if/how to implement android auto on a 2019 Avalon? I know they have Apple CarPlay, but since I don't have an iPhone, I'm not sure if there's any aftermarket solution.

Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
Any of you guys know if/how to implement android auto on a 2019 Avalon? I know they have Apple CarPlay, but since I don't have an iPhone, I'm not sure if there's any aftermarket solution.

Thanks
Nope. I switched to an iPhone. Glad I did I like it better than android

·
Registered
300 Posts
This is a pricey option, but at least it's an option (filter by Toyota Avalon): Apple CarPlay & Android Auto

I have a sim-less iPhone that stays plugged in the center console, which then connects to my Android phone's hotspot. I'm getting a little tired of this because I have to unlock the iPhone every time for Carplay to activate on the main screen, so maybe I will switch over to iPhone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a pricey option, but at least it's an option (filter by Toyota Avalon): Apple CarPlay & Android Auto

I have a sim-less iPhone that stays plugged in the center console, which then connects to my Android phone's hotspot. I'm getting a little tired of this because I have to unlock the iPhone every time for Carplay to activate on the main screen, so maybe I will switch over to iPhone.
I can live with this option, all I need to do is keep the iphone wire connected and tucked away, no pin lock, and I can just leave it in the car...will report back with my results!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts