Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have a 2013 Toyota Corralla 4 door It has 75 thousand miles and I drive it like an old lady to Sunday Church as well as the standard oil changes. I drive an average of 40 miles a day in city traffic. The problem is the past few days the yellow Maint Alert light flashes at least 5 to 7 times when I start the car. (Usually, it flashes once or twice then goes away along with all the other lights that pop on and vanish during a start). I checked the gas cap and securely tightened it on two separate occasions when the problem first occurred. I figured I'd come here to brainstorm. Should I go early to change the oil as a troubleshooting option? (I still have about three thousand miles to go before its due for an oil change). Thanks folks

·
Banned
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
18,382 Posts
Whats the CEL ? How long can I go without it being scanned?
The check engine light means something bad could be going wrong with your engine. The maintenance light indicator is just a oil change reminder light.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
There is a light that comes on every 5000 miles to remind you to change the oil. It says " Maintenance Required ". More than an oil change reminder though is the dealer wants your car in their shop to sell you stuff. That light doesn't mean the car is malfunctioning though.

The "Check Engine" light is important to obey. It means something is malfunctioning. Doublecheck what your warning light says and come back and we'll try to help you better.

It's always good to review the owner's manual. All the lights and gagues are clearly illustrated and defined in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a light that comes on every 5000 miles to remind you to change the oil. It says " Maintenance Required ". More than an oil change reminder though is the dealer wants your car in their shop to sell you stuff. That light doesn't mean the car is malfunctioning though.

The "Check Engine" light is important to obey. It means something is malfunctioning. Doublecheck what your warning light says and come back and we'll try to help you better.

It's always good to review the owner's manual. All the lights and gagues are clearly illustrated and defined in the owner's manual.
Sorry to be late coming back here I took the car for an oil change and the Maint Check light is back to normal Thanks for the assist!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.