Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Tacoma
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just got home. Someone backed into my driver side rear panel, you know the one that extends the whole length of the box, around the wheel arch. I have an '09 access cab - can anyone tell me the part number for that panel and a rough price? I'll take it for an estimate tomorrow, but I'd like the panel replaced. We'll see what they say I guess.

I'll post pics of that and my weekend's work - CB radio install and fog lights, with aux. fuse panel when I get my camera back.

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
#65600-04360 from my parts book, left side access cab, price column is 0, so I'm sure its not cheap.

Sorry to hear about it, hopefully they won't take long to get it fixed. Did you get any insurance info or was it hit and run?

·
Registered
Toyota Tacoma
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... I was stopped in a parking lot and someone backed right into me. I guess if there was a good place to hit me, that was it. The relatively thin steel bent inwards in a couple of spots, but there's nothing behind it to get damaged. And my tail lights and bumper (which I just had replaced after being rear-ended) are OK too. There's a scuff mark on the fender flare, which is no big deal, but there's a gap now between the f/flare and the steel panel, which I'm sure will be repaired so you couldn't even tell. Same for the cracked/chipped/scuffed paint. The tailgate operates OK as it did before. The woman stopped and we exchanged details etc. - I'm sure glad it wasn't a hit and run. The cop that was on the scene deemed it her fault since I was staionary at the time.

It's been a run of bad luck with the truck recently - I've been rear-ended, had a dog pee on both front seats and now this... at least I can still drive it though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thanks... I was stopped in a parking lot and someone backed right into me. I guess if there was a good place to hit me, that was it. The relatively thin steel bent inwards in a couple of spots, but there's nothing behind it to get damaged. And my tail lights and bumper (which I just had replaced after being rear-ended) are OK too. There's a scuff mark on the fender flare, which is no big deal, but there's a gap now between the f/flare and the steel panel, which I'm sure will be repaired so you couldn't even tell. Same for the cracked/chipped/scuffed paint. The tailgate operates OK as it did before. The woman stopped and we exchanged details etc. - I'm sure glad it wasn't a hit and run. The cop that was on the scene deemed it her fault since I was staionary at the time.

It's been a run of bad luck with the truck recently - I've been rear-ended, had a dog pee on both front seats and now this... at least I can still drive it though.
:thumbsup:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Next time lay on the horn. I have avoided being a statistic so many times because of my liberal use of the horn. I avoided being rear ended twice that way. How about that? Honking at idiots behind me!

·
Registered
Toyota Tacoma
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, I laid on the horn but it was too late. Perhaps a train horn might be in order? :D

·
Love this Tacoma!
Toyota Tacoma
623 Posts
I just had the bed side replaced on my truck after a wreck and it was $500 plus to replace, not repairable for what happened to mine.

·
Registered
Toyota Tacoma
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I just got back from the shop that replaced my bumper (after my first accident). The shop comes highly recommended by a bunch of people I know, and the people there are great. The repair cames to just over CDN$3200. Reason being, the fender and box side panel are going to be replaced. All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not paying for it. They're going to check the alignment too, just in case the wheel was nudged. I chose to handle it through insurance so that I have some recourse for any troubles that might arise in the future, related to the accident. Might seem a little extreme, but I work hard for the privelige of owing the truck, and it is only three months old, so I'm just covering my ass. Because I was stationary at the time of the collision, the other driver was deemed at fault.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts