Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's what i'm running.

Pioneer DEH-P880PRS HU
Infinity Kappa 693.7l 6x9's in front (3-way speakers)
Infinity Kappa 63.7l 6 1/2's in the rear doors (3-way also)
i also have the infinity Basslink for a little extra bass in my accesscab
Kicker amp running the 4 door speakers

Well i'm running my music through my ipod and i know the eq setting on the ipod directly affects the sound output through the truck system and the only way i can even get even decent highs is if i have the ipod on "trebble boost" and then have the h.u. eq set towards more highs as well. The detail of my entire system is average at best. My stock system i had in my honda accord sounded much, much cleaner with more detail. I've played cd's too to see if the ipod was the culprit but even playing a c.d it doesnt sound outstanding.


So.......do you guys think it's my speakers? I'm thinking perhaps not having the tweeter up high muffles it? Just thought i'd let you experts give me some opinions on what to change. Thanks :)
 

·
Red Headed Slut
Joined
·
1,843 Posts
Jason372923 said:
here's what i'm running.

Pioneer DEH-P880PRS HU
Infinity Kappa 693.7l 6x9's in front (3-way speakers)
Infinity Kappa 63.7l 6 1/2's in the rear doors (3-way also)
i also have the infinity Basslink for a little extra bass in my accesscab
Kicker amp running the 4 door speakers

Well i'm running my music through my ipod and i know the eq setting on the ipod directly affects the sound output through the truck system and the only way i can even get even decent highs is if i have the ipod on "trebble boost" and then have the h.u. eq set towards more highs as well. The detail of my entire system is average at best. My stock system i had in my honda accord sounded much, much cleaner with more detail. I've played cd's too to see if the ipod was the culprit but even playing a c.d it doesnt sound outstanding.


So.......do you guys think it's my speakers? I'm thinking perhaps not having the tweeter up high muffles it? Just thought i'd let you experts give me some opinions on what to change. Thanks :)
I'm willing to bet you may have the cross over set wrong for your speakers. See if it's blocking out high frequencies. Not sure how to do it on your model, but check your manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rodge said:
I'm willing to bet you may have the cross over set wrong for your speakers. See if it's blocking out high frequencies. Not sure how to do it on your model, but check your manual.
here's what i dont understand. the speakers came with their own in-line crossovers that are mounted in my doors. the amp has a crossover and my headunit has a crossover. i'm a noob with this stuff but that seems to me like i have 3 different crossovers before it gets to the speaker :confused:
 

·
Red Headed Slut
Joined
·
1,843 Posts
Jason372923 said:
here's what i dont understand. the speakers came with their own in-line crossovers that are mounted in my doors. the amp has a crossover and my headunit has a crossover. i'm a noob with this stuff but that seems to me like i have 3 different crossovers before it gets to the speaker :confused:
DUH ME!

I had 3 way 6x9s and you could hook them up two different ways. There should be two sets of terminals if that's the case. Try hooking the wires up to the other ones. Also report back of what your cross over settings are at each place. Turn the cross over off at the speaker and amp if you can. Then we can concentrate on the head unit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
turned off the cross overs at the amp but cant at the speaker. i've fiddled with the head unit and alot of the settings i dont even know what they mean or do exactly but i've changed all of them and though it changes the sound none of the settings make it sound like i thought it should. so i'm still stumped :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Jason372923 said:
turned off the cross overs at the amp but cant at the speaker. i've fiddled with the head unit and alot of the settings i dont even know what they mean or do exactly but i've changed all of them and though it changes the sound none of the settings make it sound like i thought it should. so i'm still stumped :)
Reset the HU. It's in the manual. I can't remember if there's a flat EQ curve on the iPod, but if there is, select that, or turn it off.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top