Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like I'm going to be back at my dealer.

2005 - 2006 Avalon braking issues

The models affected by the latest recall in the U.S. include the 2005 and 2006 Avalon, 2004 through 2006 non-hybrid Highlander and Lexus RX330, and 2006 Lexus GS300, IS250, and IS350 vehicles, the company said in a release from its U.S. headquarters in Torrance, California.

The release said a small amount of the brake fluid could slowly leak from the brake master cylinder, resulting in illumination of the brake warning lamp.

Toyota will notify owners around the world by mail to come for repairs at no charge, Nolasco said.

·
Registered
2009 Avalon Limited
593 Posts
Minor issue. Just go get it fixed FOR FREE.no big deal.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
i don't think it is a big deal.

the recall is just now everyone is monitoring the auto maker so they better just 'recall' than not telling you what's going on. As long as they take care of it, I am ok with that.

·
Official PITA
Solara 'Vert & ES350
1,076 Posts
Toyota being hyper cautious.
Read the recall and you'll see that leakage issue will only affect cars where brake fluid
has been changed out, and new fluid not is Toyota stuff with especial "lubricants".
No big issue, just two hours, maybe less in their waiting room reading or playing with laptop, and drinking their coffee. Possibly, we'll all get complete change to nice new brake fluid, making it unnecessary for us to change it for an extra 3-4 years.

·
Registered
'06 Seinna XLE AWD, '04 Highlander V6 4WD
1,308 Posts
Fix not till Early Nov 2010!

OK, I have yet to get a recall notice for my '04 Highlander V6 4WD, 7-pass. But the Toyota owners page says I have:Safety Recall A0M - Certain 2005 through 2006 Model Year Toyota Avalon Vehicles & Certain 2004 through 2006 Model Year Highlander (Non Hybrid) Vehicles Brake Master Cylinder Cup Replacement Code: A1M

As a outstanding recall, says a fix will not be avliable till Nov 2010. Ayone got the notice or get there cars fixed yet?:confused:

Looks like it is a issue with aftermarket brake fluid?? Called my local dealer said they don't have the fix yet. Do you think flushing out the aftermarket fluid for Toyota fluid would help prevent a issue??

·
Ridin Slow...
06 Avalon XLS
274 Posts
NOBODY has it till end of november....just wait it out...youll get the letter and free service

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Ya, but I replaced mine with after market fluid that is real dark after just a few months.

·
Official PITA
Solara 'Vert & ES350
1,076 Posts
Special Toyota brake fluid additives

Last week I was cleaning up my '05, and just chanced to look at brake reservoir.
Almost empty, and for sure, it has had nothing but OEM fluid - car has under 18k miles.
Added some DOT3 fluid to top it off.
Yesterday took a look again -- fluid is down.
Since I don't see any fluid on firewall or on ground.
?? Fluid (as per the recall notice) must be going into the booster??, which can't be good for any rubber seals there.
In any event, headed to dealer. One thing I'm going to cross examine them on, is where is fluid going and will the PB Booster be the next thing to go??

IMHO, the blah blah blah about "aftermarket fluid" with out the Special Toyota additives, is a Public Relations ploy; I suspect they screuued the pooch again.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Well it is mid Dec now! I have yet to get the letter but loged into my Toyota site and they said the recall parts were ready. Anyone had teh fix yet? I just don't want to be the first!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts