Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
30 yrs of Car Photography
90 Camry DX 2.0L A/T
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, fellow Toyota owners and lovers! My name is Shawn. I live in Tacoma, Washington, USA. This is my first Toyota, a 1990 Camry DX that I picked up 14 months ago for $500 from the original owner (a lady from Utah), with 230,000 miles on it. I was amazed that everything still worked great, like all the power windows and door locks, cruise control, even ice cold air conditioning. It's been extremely reliable and one of the best running cars I've owned in a long time. I'm shocked at how smooth it rides on the highway. My only complaint is the massive engine vibration, which I found out was common on this year and engine and quite expensive to remedy. And I had problems with the automatic seat belts. Anyway, thought I'd share a few pics of my $500 car. Yes, I had a slight accident (first in my life, which is a good record for being 52 years old.) All the parts including hood cost me a whopping $120 at the junk yard.

The day I bought it...

At the accident scene...

The day after accident...

Now, with 239,000 miles...

I know, it's not a show piece or anything, but it sure is reliable and runs like a champ and has never, ever left me stranded.

I'm so glad I found this forum! Just upset that it took me this long to find! I've already learn a ton of cool stuff in the first day I was a member of the forum. Thanks for being here for this Toyota owner!

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:

It's great to hear that you've already learnt a lot on your first day here :). Sorry to hear about the accident, but good to see you managed to fix everything up nice and cheaply. My mate's Dad used to own one of these and it was very comfortable to ride in. If you have any questions about the forums, just let us know :thumbsup:

Enjoy! :chug:

·
30 yrs of Car Photography
90 Camry DX 2.0L A/T
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toyota Nation became my FAVORITE website & forum!!!

I only wish I would have found this site and the Camry forum 14 months ago! I LOVE THIS PLACE! You people are extremely helpful. I've learned more in the past few days on Toyota Nation than I've learned from ANY source since I got my 90 DX!!!

YOU FOLKS ROCK! And for that, I'm super glad to be here!

BEFORE I found Toyota Nation: :confused: :cursin: :dunno: :headbang:

SINCE I found Toyota Nation: :thumbsup: :thankyou: :eek:hyeah: :thanks:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts