Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2004 Scion xA
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well... my car is having yet another bout of problems... this time... its actin extra wierd...

Okay... first off.. the temp is pretty low right now... so this might have an effect on it...

Problems:
Stalls if Floored (happens 1/10 times)
Will be driving, floor the gas... and the car just revvs up in drive...
Shifts VERY hard

Any help would be much appreciated.. my step dad said to first check the tranny fluid... well... its dark out and i have to park at the bottom of the driveway away from any light

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Yeah, I am gonna have to vote your Auto tranny is gonna take a $hit on you in the near future.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
^
Wow, really supportive:rolleyes:

Yeah, 100% sure your tranny is going. It's the same thing that happened to mine right before it kicked it.

I can find a 5-speed for you. That's not a problem. Find a ECU out of a Manual 1mz is another story. But I'll see what I can do.

*You know you brought this on yourself though. that's what you get for shifting through on an auto:disappoin

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2004 Scion xA
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the proper term would be 'more fun' ;)

but yeah mike, if you could source a E153 that'd be great...

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
^
True. Hence why he wants to switch to a manual ;)

stock93cam said:
??? "shifting through" ???
Auto trannys have a Low "L" and Second Gear "2". People often shift through Low, Second, and then Drive. But it kills the tranny.

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2004 Scion xA
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, just put it on a lift yesterday when i changed my oil (after two autox events and 1500 miles late.. didnt have time till now ;)) and i Discovered the i am indeed leaking tranny fluid, it is DEFINATELY fixable too... so over winter i guess thats what ill be saving for is a new tranny...

And by shifting through... I mean, i get bored as i drive, so i shift from L-2-D, then downshift as i slow down... im aware its not good for my tranny, but since manual is in my future anyways... why not...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ne0z31 said:
yeah, just put it on a lift yesterday when i changed my oil (after two autox events and 1500 miles late.. didnt have time till now ;)) and i Discovered the i am indeed leaking tranny fluid, it is DEFINATELY fixable too... so over winter i guess thats what ill be saving for is a new tranny...

And by shifting through... I mean, i get bored as i drive, so i shift from L-2-D, then downshift as i slow down... im aware its not good for my tranny, but since manual is in my future anyways... why not...
yea thats what i figured it would be...i had the same problem with a different car n i would've had to change the whole head gasket...getting it changed at a shop would cost you around 500 in labour which sucks....another thing is what you'll need to do is keep topping off your trannly fluid which will also suck cuz if you're lookin at about saving up for about 2 months for a 5spd..you're also lookin at spendin atleast 150-200 bucks in tranny fluid cuz u'll keep refilling.

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2004 Scion xA
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, see, thing is though, is that we checked my tranny fluid, and its not low or anything, its just leaking, but very slightly, im gonna bring it to my step-dads shop this week and he said he can prolly fix it real quick... which is coo

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ne0z31 said:
well, see, thing is though, is that we checked my tranny fluid, and its not low or anything, its just leaking, but very slightly, im gonna bring it to my step-dads shop this week and he said he can prolly fix it real quick... which is coo
oh ok well that's not so bad..with my old car's leak..i had to top it off about every week-ish n i drove it like that till the head gasket split..then it wasn't worth the fixin so i junked it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts