Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on Toyota's website, and noticed the following for my car. Does this mean my car has another recall? I never got a letter from them. Does anyone know if I need a letter to get this work done on my car? I'm confused about the below as it states that I need to contact my authorized Lexus dealer.......
Limited Service Campaign (LSC) A0L - Certain 2010 Model Year Corolla and Corolla Matrix Vehicles Equipped with a 2ZR-FE Engine - Accessory Belt Replacement Code: A0L Memo
This is a Limited Service Campaign. Please contact your authorized Lexus dealer to schedule an appointment to replace the VVT-I oil hose with a newly designed one before March 31, 2013.
What is the Condition:
On certain 2010 model year Corolla and Corolla Matrix vehicles equipped with the 2ZR-FE engine, that are assembled in North America, the engine accessory belt may have been improperly manufactured. On a small number of these vehicles, there is a possibility that the belt may prematurely deteriorate and detach from the pulleys. This condition will cause abnormal noises from the engine compartment, as well as illumination of the Malfunction Indicator Light and/or charging system warning light. If the vehicle is continually operated under this condition, the engine may overheat

·
Registered
09 Corolla S
2,598 Posts
that recall is only for 2010 corolla and matrix manufactured in NUMMI FEB-MAR. they had a bad batch of acc. belts. no need for panic, it doesnt mean all the belts were bad.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,789 Posts
The issue was with the belt maker, not Toyota. Good for Toyota to get on this asap though to get a simple defective belt changed out. :thumbsup: :clap:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the quick replies, I appreciate it. My car was made in NUMMI in March. When I put my Vin number in on Toyota's website, the notice popped up. I haven't received a letter in the mail. My car is due for an oil change soon. Does anyone know if I have to wait for a letter to arrive, or can I just get this done at my oil change. Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
09 Corolla S
2,598 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies, I appreciate it. My car was made in NUMMI in March. When I put my Vin number in on Toyota's website, the notice popped up. I haven't received a letter in the mail. My car is due for an oil change soon. Does anyone know if I have to wait for a letter to arrive, or can I just get this done at my oil change. Thanks again for the help.
The dealer might do it or they might not. they might want you to wait till "toyota has enough supplies" for this recall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts