Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm going to be getting some 18's for my gen 4 Camry soon and I'm having trouble deciding on what I should go with. Right now I'm considering these two rims.

Enkei GTC 01

AT Italia Nido

If you have any other suggestions that would be awesome. Let me know if you'd like to see a picture of the car. It's lowered about 1" btw.

·
Former Gen 4.5 owner
2001 Camry LE
196 Posts
Those two rims are pretty different styles. If you want a sportier look, go for the Enkei's and if you want a classier look, go for the AT italia's. I think either would look good on your car, just make sure you pick your offset wisely.

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
wow thats a tough one, i think they would both look awesome. the Enkeis would look more agressive but the ATs would look awesome as well. but one has lip and the other doesnt. do u like lip?

personally i think i like the enkeis on there better.

·
'95 Camry V6 XLE
948 Posts
Have you seen these BBS for sale on eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAMR...014QQitemZ330114363553QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

They sell them at TireRack.com, so you can view them on your car. Pretty sharp IMO and $100/each cheaper than the ones you listed. Plus they're BBS. Also, they're being sold by a Toyota dealership, so I'm thinkin' they're the ones made for the Gen5 Camry Special Edition. Meaning the hub will be the right size and you won't need any hub centric rings. An even further savings. Check with the seller to be sure about that if you decide to check into them. I thought about them for awhile, but decided I didn't want 18s.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I actually prefer the Italia's a little more because I wanted something with a lip and I love that style of mesh rims. My only problem is, my plan was to buy rims through my work (Firestone) because I can obviously get nice dealer discounts.
Thing is, my work doesn't sell AT Italias. We do sell Enkei's though and the only rim that Enkei has in that style mesh only comes in chrome. I hate chrome, especially when it comes to rims. I still think those GTC's look awesome though. Also, I've already seen the RSV's and they are pretty nice but I like the look of the GTC's better. As for those BBS's.. I'm really just not into any of the stuff that I've seen from BBS including the ones that you posted. I just wanted to see the opinion of people who already have aftermarket rims on their Camry since they have seen them how they look personally. Pictures on the internet don't exactly portray how they are going to look as well as the real thing.

That's my Camry before I lowered it. I don't have any recent pictures.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I wouldn't say I've ruled them out but I'd like a lip.

·
'95 Camry V6 XLE
948 Posts
OK, so you like the AT Italias, but the price is more than you really want to spend? How about the ASA AR2 at TireRack. They're rather similar to the AT, but on closeout for $200 less each.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I saw. It's just something about the style that the Italia has that I like about it. I am kind of picky, especially since this is something thats going to take up some money and I don't want to spend it on something that I'm not going to love. I am willing to pay a little more for a nicer looking rim, it would just be nice to get the discounts. Know what I mean?

·
'95 Camry V6 XLE
948 Posts
Yeah I saw. It's just something about the style that the Italia has that I like about it. I am kind of picky, especially since this is something thats going to take up some money and I don't want to spend it on something that I'm not going to love. I am willing to pay a little more for a nicer looking rim, it would just be nice to get the discounts. Know what I mean?
I understand completely. I'm picky too. It's a very personal choice, and it's amazing how subtle differences in very similar wheels can make you really like one and not the other. I've been contemplating for months and still haven't picked. Like you, I don't want to spend a fortune but I don't want to buy something I don't love either. Unfortuntaely it's not like buying shoes. You can't go try a dozen on your car to see how you like them.

I'm getting ready to do my whole suspension in the next couple of weeks, so I'm only daydreaming about wheels right now. Fortunately, I have the 15" XLE alloys(gen 3), which look pretty decent, so I've got something not too bad until I can pick a custom. Who knows maybe my stock alloys will look good enough after my drop that I'll decide to keep 'em:cool:

Hey, one thing to think about too, the AT Italias are about the same price as the Enkeis, but the ATs are forged rather than cast. Same money, you like them better and they're better quality.

Good luck man. It's a tough choice.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Actually, I've been looking at tirerack for awhile. It's still just isn't the same as what it would look like in person ya know? I just wanted some opinions who have aftermarket rims on their Camry already.

What do you think about this one?

·
'95 Camry V6 XLE
948 Posts
That's a real nice wheel. I have that one on my list of possbilities too. I've seen some people diss the look of that stabilization ring but I think it's a good looking wheel. They're nice and light too, so you won't have as much of a negative impact on your performance as some 18s would give you.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Oh, yes, Enkei NT03+M... very sexy wheel. Popular with the RWD wangan crowd at one time. Relatively lightweight, very sturdy, although I think the GTCs are the new fave though.

The ATs will be a PITA to keep clean, but if you don't mind, I think they look better. Again, just make sure you get the correct offset. I have a feeling that the Enkeis might be better for aggressive driving, or if you're going to track the car. The ATs are probably heavier, forged or not. They look like a style wheel.

Actually, I've been looking at tirerack for awhile. It's still just isn't the same as what it would look like in person ya know? I just wanted some opinions who have aftermarket rims on their Camry already.

What do you think about this one?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I appreciate the help. More opinions would also be appreciated.

·
official e-thug
78 Bronco & 92 Camry
37 Posts
awesome, I was curious about some spoked-rims for my genIII. probably wont happen but I was considering some back enkei's or some type of 7-9 spoke rims.

I like both pair you got there, depending on the look your going for I like the 2nd ones if you leaving your car as is, if you are doing more such as bodykits, paint, etc. I think the 1st ones are better

1 - 20 of 69 Posts