Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,469 Posts
Never heard of the stuff...do more research and git back to us. Looks like they boast they are better than the standard POR-15. ;)

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i saw that bam, i need to get my bed off before i decide what to get, i just cant seem to break the four bolts loose, could it be the only tools i have are your everyday socket wrench? what will it take to get them off, without ringing bolts off?

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,469 Posts
If yer truck is as rusted as you say...yer gonna probably need to soak the heck out of those bolts since the threads on top of the mounts are most likely rusted in place. You can give the heads some good solid taps to break the threads loose afterwards, too. Just make sure you wear some good eye protection from all the debris that will be dropping down. Hate to see you lose an eye that way... :(

They should just unbolt right off. Not sure how snug they are supposed to be... ;) I'd probably use a good sized 1/2" drive breaker bar just to git it started. :D

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bam, my truck is not that rusty, but yes, i ihave sprayed them heavily numerous times with pb blaster, i have yet to give any hard taps, i have a breaker bar, and have tryed using it, but maybe i should whack the bolts to try to free em up a lil, my only problem is not having a shop, or anything to lift truck off the ground so i can take the rear tires off to give me a lil more room, maybe i need to take the rear tires off and break out the jack stands for this??? i'd probally still have a shitty angle to get full force on it, lol

·
Registered
238 Posts
I was able to break 'em loose with an impact wrench, no prep, no jack stands, wheels on... Maybe you can find a friend with an impact wrench to get them started... then drive it home and take 'em off the rest of the way.

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
robie, i am tryin to find a friend with an impact right now, i think my buddy who lives with his grandpa might have one, if so the T100's bed will be staying there, only problem is finding the time and stuff to be able to get him here to ride over there, lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts