Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,
I have a 94 Camry LE with an automatic trans. A few weeks ago I noticed that the car was taking longer to get up to speed and now finally it just won't move forward. No matter what gear (L,2, or D) but it does go in reverse. I checked to see if any codes came up and I got Code 42(vehical speed sensor circuit) and code 63 (shift solenoid 2).

Has anyone had this problem? I will be doing the work myself but want to make sure I know what parts I need so I don't have the car sitting on my lift for a week. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Most likely, Rapeacivic is right. Trans is shot.

But if you have time to take the trans pan out. Check your shift solenoids if they are working. Try to get your hands on a manual on w/c solenoids should be working on "D" position.

You might get lucky and it just might be a malfuntioning shift solenoid 2.

·
Dave's
1,946 Posts
If you drop the tranny pan the #1 and #2 solenoids are easy to remove. I pulled mine and cleaned with air pressure set to no more than 65 psi. Operate with 12 volts and check that it doesn't pass air with no volts and does with 12v applied. Try googling your year #2 solenoid. Think a company called rockport had good info on which is which. Speed sensor may be a seperate issue. But then again, it may be time for a tranny. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.