Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...

Have been quiet around here...mostly lurking and reading. I've decided that I want to upgrade the suspension on my 2010 Corolla S with the TRD springs, TRD FSB and TRD RSB. I'll also probably upgrade to some 17" wheels at some point and possible do the UR rear upper strut brace as well.

Currently I live in an apartment with no space to do my own install...so I sent an email to my local dealer for prices on parts and labor to install...the response I got was quite funny.

Here it their response:

The lowering spring kit (4 springs) is $199.00 plus tax, labor is $717.00, plus an alignment, $90.00.

The rear sway bar is $224.13 plus tax, labor is $104.00

The front strut tower brace is $285.62 plus tax, labor would be included with the spring installation.

Are there any fellow Chicago Corolla owners who know of any dealers who won't screw you over for simple installs and prices on parts? $717 to install the springs! I have the tools to do the work but do not have the space to tear apart my car.

Anyways...just wanted to introduce myself and say that this is a great forum for info on the10th Gen Corolla!! :chug:

·
Registered
629 Posts
I called up Big-o tires for an estimate on labor....it was around 500bux...a little better than the dlr price...for the parts....i would use TRD sparks or c if ur dlr will honor there price (mine does) ull save some cash there...u can probably do the rear sway bar urself if u have the tools...takes about 15 min so u might b able to get by at the apt place

·
Registered
2010 corolla s
671 Posts
717?!?!??!?! shops in san francisco install for 2 bills tops and if you look around you can get lucky and find some for 150

·
Registered
09 Corolla S
2,598 Posts
yea in san francisco, one of the best/known tuner shops only cost 165+tax. shoot if you lived near me, id do it for 120.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,744 Posts
Hi everyone...

Have been quiet around here...mostly lurking and reading. I've decided that I want to upgrade the suspension on my 2010 Corolla S with the TRD springs, TRD FSB and TRD RSB. I'll also probably upgrade to some 17" wheels at some point and possible do the UR rear upper strut brace as well.

Currently I live in an apartment with no space to do my own install...so I sent an email to my local dealer for prices on parts and labor to install...the response I got was quite funny.

Here it their response:

The lowering spring kit (4 springs) is $199.00 plus tax, labor is $717.00, plus an alignment, $90.00.

The rear sway bar is $224.13 plus tax, labor is $104.00

The front strut tower brace is $285.62 plus tax, labor would be included with the spring installation.

Are there any fellow Chicago Corolla owners who know of any dealers who won't screw you over for simple installs and prices on parts? $717 to install the springs! I have the tools to do the work but do not have the space to tear apart my car.

Anyways...just wanted to introduce myself and say that this is a great forum for info on the10th Gen Corolla!! :chug:
Great idea but check around at different dealers for better prices. I would also see if there are any other TN members near you that can help out for free. I helped another TN member install his TRD springs along with several others. It can be done in a couple of hours, just buy some pizza & beer. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts
Great idea but check around at different dealers for better prices. I would also see if there are any other TN members near you that can help out for free. I helped another TN member install his TRD springs along with several others. It can be done in a couple of hours, just buy some pizza & beer. :thumbsup:
+2 My friend and his friend have agreed to help me weld a new muffler on my car when I actually get around to buying the Borla. Oh and of course teach me how to weld as well:woot: and then how to buff w/confidence:thumbsup::lol:

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would be the best way to go...I've put a post up in the Midwest section to see if anyone is around me.

I've also got a few quotes from different performance shops in the area which are much more reasonable to install the springs and FSB....in the $225 to $300 range.

Doing the work myself would by my first choice since I'll know it was done properly...but given the fact I don't have the garage space to do it I may have to pay someone.

Thanks for all the info, pics, thoughts you've posted Supercharged! You're suspension setup and reviews on it have motivated me to get some work done to mine! :chug:

·
Registered
2010 Corolla LE
145 Posts
+3 on the about SF, CA. Labor prices are higher in CA too. I had mine done at a local shop for $180 total.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,744 Posts
Thanks for all the info, pics, thoughts you've posted Supercharged! You're suspension setup and reviews on it have motivated me to get some work done to mine! :chug:
Trust me, you won't regret it. :naughty: And you are most :welcome:.

I'm looking forward to someone else wanting to maximize the handling of their Corolla & doing what I did. If everyone had the chance to experience the benefits of what I did, everyone would do it too! :lol:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Trust me, you won't regret it. :naughty: And you are most :welcome:.

I'm looking forward to someone else wanting to maximize the handling of their Corolla & doing what I did. If everyone had the chance to experience the benefits of what I did, everyone would do it too! :lol:
I will fight from the bottom of my heart to get near to what you did. I'm scare you know, I know I will never get to you, so near you would be enough... hahahhah :thumbsup:

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts
I will fight from the bottom of my heart to get near to what you did. I'm scare you know, I know I will never get to you, so near you would be enough... hahahhah :thumbsup:
Lol I am trying too....but I know I wont be able to, ever :lol:/:headbang:

Im going to do most of the bars but 2 of them to save money. Dont have that many twisty roads:disappoin here

oh and tam, you have a 5sp right?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,744 Posts
Lol I am trying too....but I know I wont be able to, ever :lol:/:headbang:

Im going to do most of the bars but 2 of them to save money. Dont have that many twisty roads:disappoin here

oh and tam, you have a 5sp right?
You can do it.......both of you. :lol:

·
Registered
09 Corolla S
2,598 Posts
guys one up Jim by getting the rear 4point strut bar instead of the 2pt. its made for the 9thgen but throwdown preformance confirmed it works with the 10thgen.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,744 Posts
guys one up Jim by getting the rear 4point strut bar instead of the 2pt. its made for the 9thgen but throwdown preformance confirmed it works with the 10thgen.
Really? :naughty: I might just have to look into an upgrade. :lol: Any pictures of how it mounts? Cost?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts