Votes: 9 47.4%
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
doh

Look at CTMike's thread...

He's stretched 215 tires on 8.5" wheels and the stretch does not look that bad.
First off thanks for that info, I checked out the pics. I like the "stance" but
to much stretch for me. I don't like that look at at all. I like the wheel and tire to be flush. Any other threads I should look at?

thx again!

BTW, got my tracking number coils on the way need to get my wheels figured out :-(

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Here's mine, flush without stretching and rubbing.

·
Registered
02 Camry SE v6
1,060 Posts
coilovers are adjustable, you can be as high as him, as low as him, higher than him, or lower than him.

you cannot have flush without a bit of rubbing. you cannot be flush without fender work. no matter what other people say, it's impossible. you can get your setup dialed in to where you no longer rub, but that is going to take camber adjustments, fender work, the right tire size, etc..

and gt-r, you have like 3 finger gap all the way around. that isn't flush. to figure out what width,offset and tire size you want, check out this thread http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=334732

but remember, you cannot be flush and be rub-free. it's a science, not something where you can just pop wheels and coils on and be done.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Yup you'll rub if u go lower. :facepalm:

·
Bulletime
2,206 Posts
Mine is on TRD but I guess u can go a bit lower without rubbing, because Willt is on Teins with the same specs, and he never said anything about rubbing.

I don't feel any understeer because I don't drive that agressive, but my front tires are wearing out faster than the rears. :facepalm: :headbang:
Really? That's interesting.. I guess the less aggressive offset works out better with the wider tires.

·
Registered
139 Posts

Machine/Silver

19x7.5 4x100/114.3
19x8 5x100/114.3

19x8 5x112/120
19x8 4x100/114.3​

whaddya u guys tink of dese......stagg'd

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
I hate all that fancy crap around the lip. But hey... to each their own. Better than the original 3 choices.

·
Registered
139 Posts
seller was goin to put dese on a gti...he crashed it and now selln them becuz he never installed it.... what tire sizes do i get for a flush fit...also...i will be gettin coils in the near future.... help is appreciated...

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
I hate all that fancy crap around the lip. But hey... to each their own. Better than the original 3 choices.
Me 3. Looks too busy (to me). ;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Me 3. Looks too busy (to me). ;)
:headbang: geeeshhh...i wanted sumtin like dis but the price got me on dese....so hard tryin to fix nice wheels.....
suggestions r :welcome:

Machine/Silver​

19x7.5 4x100/114.3
19x8 5x100/114.3​

19x8 5x112/120
19x8 4x100/114.3​

whaddya u guys tink of dese......stagg'd
OFFSET +38.......dont know what to do now.......:facepalm:

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
Well for one we have 5x114.3 not 4x114.3 (see the numbers you posted)

and two, hard to read your typing.

and three that offset is fine it'll work.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Typing like that is annoying.... similar to typing in caps lock for an entire post. But yes, 5x114.3 and +38 works.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts