Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the Motor a year ago in my 99 Camry and all functions worked fine.
Got in it the other day and turned them on intermittent and they wiped 4 times before resting in park and start working normally in intermittent mode?
They return to park position fine, but I noticed the slowest speed is only about 2 and a half seconds at park before wiping again.
When I use slow or fast speed, they don't park. They just stop wherever when you turn the switch off, but if you stop in intermittent instead of all the way off. They will park and you can turn them off.
I have searched the posts and haven't seen a problem like this from anyone else.
You think the Column switch is bad?
The motor is not OEM, but the wipers work great other than this issue.

· Registered
2000 Avalon
459 Posts
I remember those year Camrys having a problematic ITT wiper motor, there was another motor maybe the difference between them was whether the car was US built or Japan built. I think the other motor was Denso. I can’t remember if they were interchangeable but reman ITT motor would be troublesome for sure. Maybe a better option is a good used motor and if it could be compatible the Denso may be a better option.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember those year Camrys having a problematic ITT wiper motor, there was another motor maybe the difference between them was whether the car was US built or Japan built. I think the other motor was Denso. I can’t remember if they were interchangeable but reman ITT motor would be troublesome for sure. Maybe a better option is a good used motor and if it could be compatible the Denso may be a better option.
Mine is the ITT. OEM is Over $250. I can't find a used one that doesn't have less than 140K locally.
It is still working, so I'm just going to live with it for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts