Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can Any One tell Me About The Probability Of Anti Freeze Getting Into Oil From Worn Timing Chain Housing? I Have An 84 Celica GTS Liftback In Very Good Condition and Have Just Had Head Checked And Gasket Replaced Twice But Still Taking Small amount Of Anti Freeze In Oil. NAPA Shop Said That There Is A Bulletin Out On This But I Can't Find On Internet. The Car Has 208000 Miles and Still Runs Otherwise Like a Top!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Im sorry but whats up with capitalizing every word

Typing Like This Is Kinda Weird And Time Consuming Methinks;)

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Timing chain eating away the cover and the pump is not new to vintage Celicas. Don't remember where I read, deffo it was a vintage Celica related site, where there was a complete explanation on why this happened and how to avoid it but it's quite normal on those cars.

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
the easy way to determine is take off the valve cover and use a radiator pressure tester to pump up some pressure, loo down to the left side behind the timing chain for a mist of water to be spraying.
this is a common 20r 22r 22re 22rte problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Everyone for the help with antifreeze in oil problem.I hav'ent got diagnosis yet but I am keeping my fingers crossed that that is the problem and not cracked block

1 - 7 of 7 Posts