Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I've been looking for a set of anti-sway bars for my '98 Camry for quite sometime now, so I called the local Toyota Dealership and I just received a phone call from them and they told me that they are able to get me a set of anti-sway bars (front and rear) the name brand is...Adco or Addco (not sure of the spelling) have any of you guys ever heard of this name brand? Is it a good brand? Please let me know.
The sales guy at the dealership say's TRD does not have anyting regarding sway bars...is this true?
Thanks

·
Dthepit
91 Posts
not true, trd has a rear sway bar for your year camry. whiteline is also a well known maker of sway bars and they have for the camry.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last week I went to ctmotorsports.com to purchase a set of whiteline sway bars and the into said Hacked by red angel!!! It did not look safe to me. Is their another source that you all can refer me to? I really would like to purchase a pair if there is no other source I guess I'll go with Addco brand. I hope this is a good brand, the front cost $199.00 and the rear cost $185.00. Hope I'm not getting screwed. Oh well we'll see.
Thanks for your help

·
permanent hiatus
735 Posts
www.toyotaparts4u.com

trd rsb for 1999 solara (will fit gen4 camry):

$145, plus shipping, about $8-$9. find their phone# on their website and order by phone. dont be fooled by the list they have on the website, they have everything else you might want since they are also a toyota dealer. tell them you are an internet customer and they will hook you up! no joke!

ctmotorsport carries the whitelines, i talked to sean and he said it would come out to between 150 or 160 shipped. i know for a fact this guy does good business (everyone says so) and plus he is on this board so you can bug him from here. once in a while they get hacked, check back again to see if theyre up again. hackers are so stupid, they need gf's or something...

·
The Smashing Pumpkins
335 Posts
Toyota told you that TRD doesn't have any Sway bars for the Camry, because TRD designed them for the Solara, and didn't want to make another part number for the Camry. However the chassis are identical, so it will work on both cars just fine. If you do have a Camry though, the warranty from TRD will not apply. This is the only reason they tell you it's not for Camrys. BTW, you don't need a front sway bar. The whole point is to minimize understeer. Getting just the rear sway bar will send you in the right direction. You should have gotten the TRD one because it is adjustable(2 settings). I hope that things work out for you.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I.G. said:
Last week I went to ctmotorsports.com to purchase a set of whiteline sway bars and the into said Hacked by red angel!!! It did not look safe to me. Is their another source that you all can refer me to? I really would like to purchase a pair if there is no other source I guess I'll go with Addco brand. I hope this is a good brand, the front cost $199.00 and the rear cost $185.00. Hope I'm not getting screwed. Oh well we'll see.
Thanks for your help
My site is fine, but i understand your consern. where you actually purchase and enter your information is a different site with a SSL from Verisign. However, because of that situation i have decided to change my host.
sean

·
metamorphosis
715 Posts
ryuji16 said:
ctmotorsport carries the whitelines, i talked to sean and he said it would come out to between 150 or 160 shipped. i know for a fact this guy does good business (everyone says so) and plus he is on this board so you can bug him from here. once in a while they get hacked, check back again to see if theyre up again. hackers are so stupid, they need gf's or something...
yeah i got my whiteline rear sway bar from sean (ctmotorsport). good guy. shipped very fast...got it in like 2 days! :eek: i'd go w/ him ;)

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
kenny1773 said:
Agreed again, spoke with sean about the rsb before I ordered and he even gave me an estimate on how much it would cost. Hell, he has even offered advice in helping me mod my car in a good order.

Sean's probably one of the best things that has happened to the Camry community. :)

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
My car is riding on stuff I bought from CTMotorsports. I will shop there again.
If you don't like internet transactions, pm SoundLzrd for a phone number.
Pay by credit card and you are protected automatically anyways.
Contrary to opinion, I may go with the front too. Have the rsb but I know it can be better.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Glad to know i have helped so many! Soon, new things are coming. Ill post them as soon as i can and am allowed.

Anyone can contact me at 614 595 5282 (phone) or [email protected]

Please keep in mind i do work another full time job to make ends meet. If i dont answer, i will call you on a break. If its email, i just check it at work :D

Thanks guys,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts