Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Corolla S Prem
3,616 Posts
do you know if it is possible to add a package to a factory order for a car after May 10th if the order was been secured by May 10 but not yet built?
Most likely not, as the paperwork is in production whether or not the car has been built.
I ordered a guitar body from Warmoth, 2 days later asked for a change. Even though they quoted a 6-week lead time, the change still cost me $75.

It won't hurt to ask the rep who placed your order.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Most likely not, as the paperwork is in production whether or not the car has been built.
I ordered a guitar body from Warmoth, 2 days later asked for a change. Even though they quoted a 6-week lead time, the change still cost me $75.

It won't hurt to ask the rep who placed your order.

So the rep says when he tries to add the Driver's Assist package in the computer without a moonroof that it's not possible, and he took a picture of the error message displayed by the computer.

I spoke with another dealer whose inventory manager (not sure if that's the same as the fleet manager) said he would call the regional rep and ask.

Are the fleet managers at the dealer level or the regional level?

·
Registered
144 Posts
So the rep says when he tries to add the Driver's Assist package in the computer without a moonroof that it's not possible, and he took a picture of the error message displayed by the computer.
When we purchased our 2018 Camry Hybrid LE, we could not order the Rear Cross Traffic Alert feature without ordering a package that included the moonroof. No dealer could order just the Rear Cross Traffic Alert by itself, so we ended up with a moonroof that we didn't want. :smile:

But, the car has been great and we just added CarPlay to it, so it is even better now.

·
Premium Member
2016 Corolla S Prem
3,616 Posts
I spoke with another dealer whose inventory manager (not sure if that's the same as the fleet manager) said he would call the regional rep and ask.
Are the fleet managers at the dealer level or the regional level?
The fleet managers are dealer employees. Generally, they have good relationships with the managers of other dealerships in the area and will try to trade inventory to make a deal if they can do that to get you what you want without waiting for a special order.
Some parts of the country may have a specific regional manager... I'm sure Gulf States and Southeast Toyota are run completely differently from how it is run outside of those areas.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts