Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any real difference between the different brands of gasoline? For example, would I be getting pretty much the same thing whether at some generic brand gas station as I would at perhaps Shell or Union 76, assuming I use the same octane?

·
Registered
47 Posts
as long as you don't go to one of those out in the middle of nowhere gas station, you'll be fine

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Yes, their is a huge difference in brands.

Fuel refineries pump one grade of gas through the pipe lines. When they decided to change grades, they flush the pipes with water. Well all the gas after that then become watered down. That gas is the stuff that you would get at Holiday and BP stations.

Amaco would be an example of good gas.

Myself, I go to Fleat Farm for my gas. The reason, because they refine their own gas. So it isn't watered down. And silver grade tends to be the same, or a cent more than regular :)

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Look at your mileage.

I lost about 3-5mpg when I used Holiday gas (I compared week to week). My engine also didn't run as well. I had some minor power loss. .

·
Registered
47 Posts
my mileage didn't change at all.:eek:

now i gotta question

:D

if the gasoline is being watered down, how are gasoline and water kept mixed together when water and gasoline will form a heterogenous mixture?

·
Registered
47 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts