Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Davidjames
Scion Xa Rs1
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering buying a used set of Tanabe DF210s off of an 05 Xb,I have an 05 Xa.Is there any diffenece in the springs between the two models ?? I noticed Tanabe listed the DF210s seperatly one set for Xa and one for Xb.Just wondering if there is going to be an issue with ride quality or...??:confused:

·
2,670 Posts
Apart from maybe the spring rate and drop rate they should fit. TRD uses the same part number for both vehicles so you shouldn't have any issues for fitment.

As far as ride, the xB's might be a little stiffer due to vehicle weight.
Here is the website with the spring rates.
The xA has less front and rear drop then the xB with a lower front and higher rear spring rate.

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/springs/spring_applications.asp?id=1

·
Davidjames
Scion Xa Rs1
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well...

I got home with my springs and checked part numbers,Xa ;TDF080 and Xb is;TDF081!So I called Tanabe and asked about the difference if any,and yes they said spring rate due to weight diff between the two vehicals ."They might physically fit ,but youll be pulling them out in no time to replace your struts"is what they told me ,so if you know anyone who needs a used set of Tanabe DF210s for ther 1st gen Xb...:sosad:

·
Davidjames
Scion Xa Rs1
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup..

Sure ,but that wasnt my intention. I wanted a set of springs..and got them ,lesson learned;haste makes waste.My intention at this point is to sell these,and find a proper set for my car,as was my original plan.:dunce:

·
2,670 Posts
What you were told by Tanabe is going to be true with ANY lowering spring set. Stock struts aren't designed to handle lowered cars. Thats why you see so many hondas bouncing down the road. The young owners can't afford the struts to go with the drop they put on.

If you lower the car, you need to get struts to go with your new springs. TRD springs aren't that drastic of a drop and wont blow your struts out like a 2 inch drop will. You can get away with stocks.........for a little bit anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.