Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Avalon Hybrid, 2018 Prius Four Touring, 2018 Prius Two, 2015 Nissan LeafS
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I've done an advanced search, learned about previous generation oil issues (sludging, rings) and am looking for documented oil-related issues with the 2.5l gas engine in the 4th gen TAH.

I'm not seeking yet another discussion/argument about our individual opinions re: OCI. I'm looking for facts.

Has anyone here done a used oil analysis on the 2.5l? I'll be sending a sample to Blackstone (at around 6k miles usage), just wondering if there's a thread here about UOA that I didn't find.

Thanks.
pianewman in Ft. Worth, TX

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would look forward to your results. I would imagine a hybrid could handle the 10k mile intervals unless you were operating in difficult conditions like i70 in the between idaho springs and eagle CO.

I have seen some uoa on bobistheoilguy for the v6 but none on here and none for the hybrid.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spoke with Blackstone. I'll phone them again after I get the results of a sample I'm sending in tomorrow. Probably won't find many hybrid owners interested in this topic, but maybe we'll be able to scare up a few.

Are there other applications for the Gen4 2.5l engine, or is it exclusive to the Camry and Avalon (only used in a hybrid application)?

·
Inveterate Tinkerer
2014 Avalon Limited
1,094 Posts
No Oil Mentions For Hybrid

Spoke with Blackstone. I'll phone them again after I get the results of a sample I'm sending in tomorrow. Probably won't find many hybrid owners interested in this topic, but maybe we'll be able to scare up a few.
I just took a cruise through the Avalon Hybrid forum ( http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/530-avalon-hybrid/ ) and didn't see a single mention of oil. Lots of tire/suspension & MPG talk, but no oil. Guessing it isn't an issue.

Cheers

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the moderators don't consider it a "double-post", I'll post an identical thread in the hybrid-specific forum. I've been hanging out there for several months, and overall, they don't seem to be interested in this sort of thing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts