Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find some good fog lights to put on my 88 camry but cant decide on which ones are good. PIAA fogs any good nd if they are which one? im trying to get like good night driving and fogs.

If anyone noes any other brand that is good hooks me up.

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
last year i picked up a pair of no name 35w each fog lights at princess auto for 20$, the instructions were garbage, but its not all that complicated, i use them a lot and they're still going strong

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
which bulb would produce the most amount of brightness the Hyperwhite
or
Blue or clear with Hyperwhite.

thems pretty expensive cheaper on ebay. hopefully they are universal fit and will fit on my 88 camry.

·
Registered
678 Posts
you should buy the one with multicolor lense. The one with yellow and blue mix, that thing put out a lot of light.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
You decide:

They put out a lot of light. It actually lights up the sidewalks. The more you can see, the safer you are :)

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
mine put out yellowish light, great for low visibility (rain, snow, fog...) and they have a very wide beam so they light up the ditches, which is an area that the normal headlights don't reach very much

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i probably gettin the PIAA 2100xt which has that multi deflector crap not sure if it should be the fogs or the driving lights friend said to get fogs cause they brighter and better. if you dont know the product im talkin about go to piaas site and then lamps then scroll down till u see the 2100xt xtreme.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well they are pretty crazy in the price range even in ebay. im not really lookin for somethin extravagant i just need sometin that would improve my vision at night nd thro fog and such. PIAA is a good company but if you have any place that would sell catz lower than 160 then go right ahead nd say.

·
Registered
678 Posts
catz msp should cost you $45 from ebay +$15 shipping =60 that's pretty cheap. You can't get those thing at store for less than $200.
Type catz fog or catz light on ebay search.

·
Registered
1998 Camry CE
2,071 Posts
Princess Auto Rocks!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
those are pretty good only if they had a buy it now button i would bid right now. wonder how bright those bulbs are.......

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
i had fogs that had parking lights in them and i've had some normal ones but now i got a projector style driving light that i aim slightly off to put more light on the sides they light up a bit amber like the fogs on the scepters. they work great imo:thumbup: i had another set but i used one of them for my custom flashlight i mounted in the car:lol:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya i was lookin at that one too prob gonna start biding at the last moment or such. thx for inputs guys

·
Registered
397 Posts
I had a pair of Pilot, bug-eyes, projector style, fog lights.

The beam was amber, and to be completely honest, they WERE NOT much brighter than stock lighting.

Of course I didn't realize the beam was supposed to be wide and low, because they really were. On woodsy backroads, you can see the trees above you and the street directly in front of you (below the headlight beam) over the factory headlights. Aimed anywhere else, they're pretty much useless for visibility aid.

So I pretty much just used them as dawn/dusk lights, DRL's, and in rain/snow/foggy conditions where it helps you be seen.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts