Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the only option we have for a t100 a k&n filter? That is the only one I have been able to find..

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
there are a few more, i will get some links for them
whether they work?? who knows, you would think they all work bout the same, my thought on that deal is....wat would make the K&N different, unless filter let more air in, besides the filter all it is basically is a straight tube into the throttlebody, heres some links for a few of them

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Raci...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

here is a K&N used, not a bad deal if you want K&N, it looks all to be there besides the bolts for the heat shield deal, i beleive the hoses they speak of are not missing, as i have never seen a K&N come with new hoses, you just usually use the stock ones
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

i beleive that is about all i have found so far, if i find more, i know where to post the links, lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Also read the fine print for HP addition. They really only help to their advertized addition of horsepower at full throttle.

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
yes kyle, that is how most cold air intakes are, i see it as, all it really is to me is a straight pipe with no intake silencer and a high flow filter on the end, so i am thinking bout modding my stock intake

·
Registered
238 Posts
If anyone gets one of these I'll walk you through getting the necessary data for doing an accurate horse power comparison (and even a dyno-style RPM vs HP). If you take videos of your speedometer and tachometer during hard acceleration from 10MPH to 40MPH, for at least 4 runs before and after the mods (with same amount of gas, gear, etc in the truck), I can do the rest or tell you how. The 4 runs don't need to be in the same locations, but to make the comparison valid, the 4 runs from before should be matched with the same 4 runs afterward.

I'm thinking about getting a K&N, but I'm not sure I'm ready to even spend the $60 for a flat one given all of the people with 3.4Ls that say they do jack-shit.

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On some of the tacoma forums, they have dyno runs of the k&n and & amsoil filters with the deckplate mods.. They do add hp.. They also have dyno runs of the k&n cold air intake, and it doesn't do jack... The amsoil does slightly better than the k&n, but they do not make one for the t100.. Go figure..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts