Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
This was a joke, right? These things only work on new Kias or old Yugos.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL. i wasn't gonna buy one. i found it a bit on the stupid side. I don't like those things that are "lab tested". that includes food. also, do you guys know where i could get a nice plugin mod chip so i can get some more horses. I dont want anything that i'll have to removed the ECM for or anything (for obvious reasons). I've seen a few things on ebay, but you can only trust ebay so much.

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,305 Posts
^Nonexistant for our Camrys.

And eBay chips will only succeed in screwing up your ECU.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that's what i was afraid of. DAMN. lol. well wut else is there besides a SRI for our cars. i dont really wanna put an exhaust on it.also i saw a pic of someone's camry with aftermarket shifter knob. when you get an aftermarket, wut happens to the overdrive button on your shifter?

03 Camry. I-4 USA, 2.4, auto.

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,305 Posts
^Pretty much nothing in terms of performance.

As far as the shift knob, the one you saw was probably mine. I used to have an aftermarket knob that had an O/D button and wires on it, so I just spliced the wires... but on my current knob, there's no O/D button, so I just disabled the O/D. Its not like I use it anyway.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea i dont use it either. but i'd like to have the button still there just cuz when i trade this car in whenever the time comes, i wanna be able to put some of the stuff back to stock so i can get better trade value. can someone gimme an idea of a shifter, and i still need the button on the side for the shift lock, other wise i can't get it out of park. LOl!

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,305 Posts
^You don't need the button to be on the side. If the button is on top, it'll work too. The shift rod is vertical. The stock shifter is just designed in a way that when the button is pushed from the side, internally somehow, it pushes the rod down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts