Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
If youre talking about e15 which is 88octane around here you will probablely notice a slight decrease in performance. Personally I won't buy my gas from any station that sells e15 let alone use it. The one chain around here that sells it has had several reported issues with not only their e15 but also their other gas.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's what I figured! I know it says it's safe to use in in passingar cars 2001 and newer. Plus it's usually 20 cents cheaper, but definitely don't want to effect performance or effect the lifespan of the car. Thanks for your input

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Don't use E15 88 Octane unless it is like.... flex-fuel or something related to that. I only put in "drops" of 88 Octane in my 08 Camry before I switched back and then I got a O2 sensor code. You could call it a coincidence but it is always interesting when they happen.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,311 Posts
Just seeing if using 88plus will affect your car performance and if anyone has had any issues
Just stick with a Top Tier 87 octane gas and you will be fine. Using E15 has less energy so even though it's less expensive you will get lower MPG so why bother.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts