Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I'm just curious. With gas prices being what they are, when you guys fill up, do you guys ever wish you has gotten, say a car with better fuel economy, rather then your tacoma. I'm just curious, because even with gas prices being what they are, I can't wait to have my tacoma parked in my driveway. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Once summer rolls around, mpg will go up.

No matter what it will always be better than my jeep.

So no regrets.

·
Registered
06 taco 4x4 sport ac
114 Posts
We need a truck. The Tacoma is still better than my 96 Dodge.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Going from a full size Dodge Ram Quadcab 4x4 HEMI (9 mpg city 13 hwy) to a Tacoma double cab long bed 4x4 (15 city 19 hwy). Hell no.

·
Feelin the Flow
Tacoma
103 Posts
best looking trucks on the road that have great power and get pretty good gas mileage too... cant complain one bit.... and we get a pretty damn good forum to go with it...

·
Registered
448 Posts
I fill my baby up every 4-5 days on average ($45+/-), whats the point of having a toy if you can't afford to play with it. Yeah I wish gas was $1.00/gal but its totally out of my control and getting in a bad mood every time I fill up is silly. Anyone how complains at the tank when they fill up should shut up. If you can't afford gas you have other problems to worry about in life and should not have bought a new truck to begin with.

Plus this V6 gets great MPG compaired to anything else with comparable power.

I don't have money to throw away but gas is going to cost what ever they want to charge us, just like my insurance which is almost $1000 every 6 months (No wrecks or tickets, just still under 25, drops in half when I have my next birthday).

So no I don't wish I had a car at the pump when I fill up, I just smile and jump in my nice 245HP V6 that still gets 20mpg and can keep up with most V8's getting 14mpg. And watch all the people as I drive by with them jocking my ride.

Just what I think, if you don't agree good for you.

·
short beds are ghey
495 Posts
Had I known it was going to get 18 half the year and 14 the other half (6-speed,) I would've gotten an F150 that gets 16 all year. When I bought my Tacoma Ford was doing that family pricing BS, so I could've gotten a supercab FX4 much more equipped for the same price out the door as my access cab Tacoma. I do still love my Tacoma, though, and it's a damn sight better than the 360 in my old Ram.

·
Banned
05 Taco PreRunner
784 Posts
Hell No..."no Regrets!

dorkman said:
I fill my baby up every 4-5 days on average ($45+/-), whats the point of having a toy if you can't afford to play with it. Yeah I wish gas was $1.00/gal but its totally out of my control and getting in a bad mood every time I fill up is silly. Anyone how complains at the tank when they fill up should shut up. If you can't afford gas you have other problems to worry about in life and should not have bought a new truck to begin with.

Plus this V6 gets great MPG compaired to anything else with comparable power.

I don't have money to throw away but gas is going to cost what ever they want to charge us, just like my insurance which is almost $1000 every 6 months (No wrecks or tickets, just still under 25, drops in half when I have my next birthday).

So no I don't wish I had a car at the pump when I fill up, I just smile and jump in my nice 245HP V6 that still gets 20mpg and can keep up with most V8's getting 14mpg. And watch all the people as I drive by with them jocking my ride.

Just what I think, if you don't agree good for you.

Couldn't have said it "ANY" better! :thumbup: :clap: ;) Hey, atleast we ain't paying over $5 a gallon like in Europe. LMFAO..ROFL! :lol: :clap:

·
short beds are ghey
495 Posts
dorkman said:
...just like my insurance which is almost $1000 every 6 months (No wrecks or tickets, just still under 25, drops in half when I have my next birthday)...

You should prepare yourself for disappointment.

·
Registered
448 Posts
BrandonM7 said:
You should prepare yourself for disappointment.
:confused: What do you mean? I have already talked to my insurance guy, he told me it will drop to $570 when I turn 25. He already puts discounts on my plan that I do not really qualify for, my whole family has insurance with him. I've priced him, close to the same price but with the discounts he puts on my plan he's $150 cheaper every six.

My luck will be as soon as I turn 25 I will get in a wreck and they will put me on high risk or some crap like that to get more money from me.

Ok, back to the gas prices.

·
short beds are ghey
495 Posts
dorkman said:
:confused: What do you mean? I have already talked to my insurance guy, he told me it will drop to $570 when I turn 25. He already puts discounts on my plan that I do not really qualify for, my whole family has insurance with him. I've priced him, close to the same price but with the discounts he puts on my plan he's $150 cheaper every six.

My luck will be as soon as I turn 25 I will get in a wreck and they will put me on high risk or some crap like that to get more money from me.

Ok, back to the gas prices.

Everyone told me that, too (including agent.) Ended up being false in my case (and all of my friends that I asked at the time.) It went down some, but nowhere near half. Maybe you'll get lucky. Mine didn't drop significantly until I got a wife and a house - that drop was INSANE. Insurance for my car, my house, and my wife's car was cheaper than my car insurance alone previously. Like I said, it may work out for you, and I hope it does -- but be prepared just in case you get the shaft.

·
Self Proclaimed Genius
762 Posts
I was driving a honda civic before I got my truck. Spending $250+ dollars a month on gas compared to $100 or so in the honda has taken some getting used to, but I don't regret it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
No, no regrets at all. I am paying about 35-40 bucks every couple weeks. I heard the other day that we in Portland have some of the lowest gas prices in the nation, for right now anyway. I knew what I was getting into when i was looking at getting a Tacoma. Like I mentinoned in one of my other posts, my buddy who has a 05 Frontier was jealous over my 18 mpg ish I've been getting. He is unemployed and can hardly afford to drive his truck.

·
05 Speedwayblue X-runner
1,787 Posts
No regrets here. Having fun zipping around town in my X-R. I know the gas prices are going up and they are going to keep on going. I even stop checking my mpg. Theres not much you can do but to enjoy what you have. My next car I'm thinking of getting is either a GT mustang or the Dodge challenger when it comes out. Just imagine how much gas they are going to take.:thumbsup:

·
Badassness
2005 Tacoma
511 Posts
No regrets here, better then my sisters Blazer who gets around 15mpg highway, compared to my 17 city.

rpmspeedyBlue said:
My next car I'm thinking of getting is either a GT mustang or the Dodge challenger when it comes out. Just imagine how much gas they are going to take.:thumbsup:
Actually, I was reading somewhere that the Challenger actually uses only 4 cylinders while at highway speeds, and light acceleration. It can get upwards of 30 mpg highway.

·
Official Misfit
1,453 Posts
no complaints. my vette has averaged 10.5 for the 20,000 miles that i have driven it. the tacoma gets twice that. for a daily driver the tacoma wins out, but i do miss the fun factor of the vette

1 - 20 of 46 Posts