Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been interested in knowing if it would be posible to "Hack" the lights switch. I have always wanted to know if i could make the fog switch work without the normal street lights. What i want is this: Be able to have the foglights on without the normal street lights, its not possible to turn them on unless i turn on the normal lights. Now that i have angels, it is would look better at night and i wont get in trouble for having the angels alone, which dont provide much lighting. Thanks.

·
Dominican Republic
Camry LE
435 Posts
I'm not 100% sure about this please visit other forms or wait for more replays; but i would imagine that its going to be simple.

The foglights switch probably uses a relay of some sort that is triggered when you headlights are on. If you can locate that relay and cut the wire going to 86 terminal and join the 86 to the 87 terminal. Having done this you should now be able to turn on your foglights w/o haveing to turn on your headlights.

If you are unable to locate the relay you will probably have to hook up the foglight switch to a constant 12v source, such as the ignition or lighter, to be safe use a relay to do so.

·
The Cool Guy
Toyota Camry 02
2,564 Posts
yeah it does use a relay located under your steering wheel :) whitechocolate knows more about this since he had to hook his up. took him 2 months till i came around bwahah :lol:

·
LET'S GET ER' DUN
05 CAMRY LE 5-SPEED
90 Posts
check out my ride...mine is the 05 le JAPAN sedan which had removable fog light covers. i bought some OEM yota lights off of ebay for a total of $150.

i went to the dealer to find out what all was needed and here is what you had to get to be stock:

a new light/turn switch with the fog light switch on it...$250..i think

a relay...$30...i think

and a special type of fuse...$60...again, i think

Sure enough i said HECK NO and went to auto zone and bought an auxillary light wiring harness for about $15 which came with a relay, fuse, clamps, splices...everything.

I used the switch i had bought for my Supercharged 4runner and it popped right into the little square holes that you will find on about ANY toyota.

TALK ABOUT SAVING MONEY :clap: and I can turn my lights on anytime I please...as long as i dont forget to turn them off!

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
^I didn't have to get all that... all I got was the turn signal/stock switch, and it worked. My relay and fuse were already there (I double checked to make sure it was all there and that the switch was all that was missing). And i've got a Japan-made Camry too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts