Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I am getting the following message when I start my Highlander 2021 Hybrid XLE. Is there any way to get more details about what exactly triggered the message?

20 years ago I used to use an OBD tool to get such details. With a 2021 model, I am hoping there should be an easier way to get such details.

Thank you,

Reflex camera Camera lens Font Gadget Communication Device

·
Registered
06 Toyota Camry XLE, 16 Corolla S
807 Posts
Greetings,

I am getting the following message when I start my Highlander 2021 Hybrid XLE. Is there any way to get more details about what exactly triggered the message?

20 years ago I used to use an OBD tool to get such details. With a 2021 model, I am hoping there should be an easier way to get such details.

Thank you,

View attachment 352423
Yes, you are at about 5,000 US Miles. You have reached the point where Toyota starts to warn you after I believe 5,500 (8851) it will stay on until you clear it after your oil change.

Also in the Manual page 91 and 421. Read the Manual

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
5,584 Posts
Yep... that's not the "Check Engine" light, that's simply the maintenance reminder.
The warning pops up at 4500 miles (or the metric equivalent), then comes on steady at 5,000 until it is reset.
Check your manual's service schedule for recommended service. Most Toyota models, the 5,000 mile interval is a tire rotation and general inspections, oil change is every 10,000, but some prefer to do an oil change at 5,000 and then go to 10k from there on out, and still other people are not comfortable at 10k and just do it every 5000.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Basically, it means come to the dealer and bribg your big wallet. It's simply a maintenance reminder that comes on every 5000 miles. Change your oil, examine all the belts and hoses and whatever else is recommended in the owner's manual per present mileage, then reset the light to turn off and stay off for another 5000 miles. Rest easy. Nothing broke, it's just a nag. Your owner's manual tells how to reset that light.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Like everyone said it's just a maintenance schedule reminder. Go to Toyota Canada and under Maintenance Schedule and after you fill in the appropriate information you'll have a list of maintenance items to do. Like the typical maintenance requirements the schedule is based on milage and time which ever comes first. I took my car to the dealer of purchased and it was free if charge ; I believe service#1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts