Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious, is there any possible way to make the overhead light turn off as soon as you close your doors?

I guess, the way my alarm works, is that if the overhead light is still on, it will chirp 3 times, then a 4th time saying everything is ok.. But this is kind of annoying, because its 4 beeps.

If i wait 30 seconds, (or however long the overhead light takes to go off), it only chirps 1 time.

Therefore, im wondering if there is a way to turn off the light as soon as all teh doors close?

And if not, i guess i should try to figure out if i can make the alarm only beep one time. I mean, the 4 beeps is ok, but 1 would be better lol

Oh its an audivox prestige alarm..

·
Tacoholic
343 Posts
With the keyless entry package on, the lights go off the second you hit the door lock button on the remote.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Yeah, my lights go off as soon as I hit the "arm" button, and then they come on when I "disarm".

Sounds like your alarm isn't wired properly. It is giving you extra chirps because it thinks that the doors are opened. Something is wired to the dome light, instead of the door pin switch, like it should be. The door pin switch goes to a electronic controller that controls how long the dome light stays on and how it dims. You need to tap into the door pin wiring before it gets to the controller.

Or you could just turn the light switch to OFF.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm well it could be wired incorrectly, however, if i leave a door open it will chirp an extra time telling me that.

And if i wait the 15 seconds for it to go off, it works normally. It is kind of weird, and ya wheni arm the alarm the light does go off, but still the extra beeping is odd, yet i am not an alarm installer, and therefore, can not say that this is abnormal for this specific alarm...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts