Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 sedan that has what appears to be a temperature-dependent dash noise that I want to get corrected before the warranty expires.
It seems to make the noise when the car is driven after sitting in the sun, or in cold weather after the cabin heats up after running the heater for a while.
I'm still trying to figure out how to make it happen on demand so I can go on a road test with the Toyota tech and have them witness it and not say "cannot duplicate."

It isn't a typical rattle you would think of where you hear a noise when hitting a noticeable bump in the road. Instead, you will hear it even while driving on a relatively smooth road with minor coarseness. "Rattle" isn't even a good description of the sound. It's more like a "buzz" or light creaking sound that runs for several seconds at a time.
When it happens, it is so loud that playing the radio doesn't even fully mask it.

Has anyone heard a noise like this and had it fixed?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparently, it is common because it only took a few minutes to find a video with the same sound.
This not my car, but I hear a very similar noise:

·
Registered
213 Posts
LOL my first thought when i read the title of the video.. POUND the DASH... till it stops.. i know this isn't the answer but dash noises drive me insane. i have purchased very thin automotive felt tape just to remedy plastic noises.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Corolla
208 Posts
What better way to take out your frustration than hitting stuff haha. My suspension is starting to make squeaking noises but I think that is because it's cold here in NY now. It wasn't doing this in the summer or fall time. Definitely too cold out to start looking around to see if I need to service the sway bar links or something

·
Registered
213 Posts
What better way to take out your frustration than hitting stuff haha. My suspension is starting to make squeaking noises but I think that is because it's cold here in NY now. It wasn't doing this in the summer or fall time. Definitely too cold out to start looking around to see if I need to service the sway bar links or something
Yes my front suspension has been creeking a bit lately..

·
Registered
2015 Corolla S, Upgr
81 Posts
Ask if they can lubricate the suspension bushings when it's on the hoist. It seems to work for a few months, but inevitably comes back again. They have ensured me that the suspension parts are all perfectly fine, so it must just be a poorly designed/manufactured bushing setup?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts