Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
We have the final design done. We're still smoothing over some final details and it will hopefully be in production in the up coming months. But there are no promises on time at this point.

Towards the end there was a major lack of interest. And that somewhat brought down the appeal of putting it together.

So in it is still going, so don't worry. We will post updates when avalible. But right now there is no new information.

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
16,189 Posts
Its the lack of communication between us and the production people. Razo and I are pushing, repeatedly emailing and calling two different places and getting infrequent replys and call backs.
We're working on it and I think as of recently we've narrowed it down to one company. ...provided they make an effort to stay in contact with us.

The main problem is that we dont want them to take our designs, head for the hills and limitlessly produce the shit out of and profit from all our design work with out compensating us or at least giving TN'ers a discount.

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,457 Posts
^
Yeah that would be screwed up but if the Company does that, Can't you guys sue since you guys are the designers of the new Bodykit?

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
16,189 Posts
Not until I copyright all our designs.

Speaking of which, you know those gen3 gauge trim rings that are floating around ebay... I had custom bezel make those for me with my templates under the agreement that they would not be sold other than thru me for a certin duration of time after which they could do as they please.
They were up on ebay for less than I paid within less than a month under the name of one of their sub. co.s

This is a bigger deal tho, more profits and potential royalties are at stake.

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
I don't blame you at all for worrying about the copyright and all that fun stuff, and I would go through it myself if I were in charge of this project, but in all honesty, who is actually going to steal your design and come out with a new body kit for a family sedan that's almost 10 years old?

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,130 Posts
SmokingTiresV6 said:
What happened to the friend of yours that was going to be able to do it?

ixnay on the iendfray....

dont worry folks, like Eric said we've been bugging the shit out of folks, and Mike and Allen are helping us too...

but not matter what, we WILL get this kit made...

·
Group Buy Junkie
147 Posts
Maybe there's more interest than you think... I'm one of those non-post whores who reads the forums everyday but don't post much. I did vote in the poll for the sideskirts though... I plan to be in on this GB if and when it happens, I'm just hoping that I don't wind up having to come up with money for the CF hood & trunk and then a body kit, all at the same time.

Thanks for all of ya'll's time & efforts....

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
^
C/F isn't worth the buy unless you have maxed your hp and need something to shorten your 1/4mile.

The kits more important :D

*I mean even I can make Carbon Fiber:)

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
BLUEMEANIE said:
Its not exactly like that... its more of a, we get people interested, we promote it, we design it, we essentially sell it for them and they make it, discard us and profit from it. ...even if its only 10 kits.
I dont really believe that a company can turn profit with just 10 sales on a body kit ... The cost of a mold that can make 10 copies is unbelievably expensive. But then again they can go the cheap route and make the model with cheap materials... The only down side to this is , theres going to be irregularraties in the body kit quality when using cheap materials in their molds... Basically, when using cheap materials to on the molds ... is going to affect fit and finish of the product... Trust me I know what I'm talking about I've been dealing with different body kit companies and carbon fiber people to know the difference in a good quality mold vs a cheap mold thats going to warp after 2 to 3 copies are made out off it ... Can someone say VIS

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
SmokingTiresV6 said:
^
Wow Wraith. Get screwed recently? You seem really pissed at VIS right now
No I just dis like VIS their quality sucks, work manship, and over all customer service... And I keep telling people on this board that I personnally wouldnt install a VIS part on my car if they gave me a full sponsorship and sponsored me with some cash... All VIS products are Tawainese made and quality is just plain horrible...

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I wouldn't get your hopes up about this body kit. 10 kits? Yeah, Justin is right. How is a company going to try to turn a profit? Just count your losses and get what's available. Too much smoke is being blown up people's asses at this point. It's going to be a while til things get done. Don't hold your breath people... camry people are the most flakey. I for one will admit that I've flaked.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
And just because a company won't turn a major profit, doesn't mean you can't have connections to get the work done right.

Now stop whoring this thread. It's purpose is to be informative, not cause doubt in peoples minds.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,130 Posts
okay, Yukio...
1st of all 10 was an example, and 10 doesnt have to be the final number, we can have a 2nd run as well, if this kit is as successful as we hope...
maybe the company can cut us a deal for every kit sold (not huge, but enough to make it SYNONYMOUS with TN)....
as for Camry flakes...
just because you have a camry and you flaked doesnt mean you represent the entire Camry community..
yes there are flakes, but there are also people dedicated to making the camry into a commerically tuned vehicle (not at the levels of a civic) yes we can all go custom (or find any kit and paste it on a camry and call it unique because i'ts the only one that has it), but many of us dont have the skill, time or money to do this...

with a group buy, there's more than just 1 person at steak, and i'm sure a company wont think of screwing numerous people out of money, especially a world recognized site such as TN...

if you're content with your kit fine, i'm glad your car makes you happy...

but by telling Camry owners it wont happen, isnt exactly helping out the camry community....

so please, keep your negative opinions to yourself...

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
SmokingTiresV6 said:

Not everyone is a bitch to companie like you...

What is that supposed to mean? Please explain. I try to get things made for Camrys. Justin and I were the ones that helped get the CF hoods made when everyone else didn't want them. I was the FIRST one with it and Justin worked his ass off.

I'm stating the AWEFUL TRUTH. Sorry if it hurts. If you can pull this off and more props to you. :thumbup:

IF YOU WANT to start making PERSONAL and unprofessional remarks to me, then let's take it to email. Otherwise, I want an explaination.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Razo-E said:
okay, Yukio...
1st of all 10 was an example, and 10 doesnt have to be the final number, we can have a 2nd run as well, if this kit is as successful as we hope...
maybe the company can cut us a deal for every kit sold (not huge, but enough to make it SYNONYMOUS with TN)....
as for Camry flakes...
just because you have a camry and you flaked doesnt mean you represent the entire Camry community..
yes there are flakes, but there are also people dedicated to making the camry into a commerically tuned vehicle (not at the levels of a civic) yes we can all go custom (or find any kit and paste it on a camry and call it unique because i'ts the only one that has it), but many of us dont have the skill, time or money to do this...

with a group buy, there's more than just 1 person at steak, and i'm sure a company wont think of screwing numerous people out of money, especially a world recognized site such as TN...

if you're content with your kit fine, i'm glad your car makes you happy...

but by telling Camry owners it wont happen, isnt exactly helping out the camry community....

so please, keep your negative opinions to yourself...
:thumbup: Well explained. I was just saying out of experience. I've been around the camry community more than all of you so I can speak from what I have seen.

Thanks for the explaination. It's well mannered, and mature. Hope things go well in this venture. At least it will be one big step for the community. Good Luck. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.