Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 corolla
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 96 corolla trying to get some horsepower out of it is there anything i can do to the head or anything elso done to it.... please help

so far go done
cold air intake
2in a Quarter exhauts
header plus cat back

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
There are no mods I know of that can be done easily, but a shop could probably always custom machine different valve sizes to a point, but then you would need custom cams and custom pistons. Not much in the way of that stuff for a 4AFE. It would be a cheaper and more beneficial venture to just swap the engine to something more powerful, like a 4AGZE, 4AGE 20 Valve, or 3SG(T)E.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Not sure but try and hit up brain crower and theres another one that hasn't came back to me yet... once it does Ill post

·
Registered
40 Posts
corolla

how much horse power u want
send the head to the machine shop get it shave n shave the valve it will give u more horsepower but it u want more send the complete engine to get dont it about 400 dollar or more but will be getting 100 or more horsepower of of the engine n were n fl u are located
email me for quick respond [email protected]

·
Registered
398 Posts
iirc I believe it was Toda cams...

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
have the head shaved by about 6 thousandths, the compression will come up slightly. I would not recommend taking off much more. But then again, I am no expert on how much you can safefly take off.. maybe someone else can tell a better figure. You don't want the valves to hit the pistons..

I would say don't even bother trying to get more horsepower unless you want to find a cam, a new carb, and all that stuff... too much money and work for so very little horsepower in return, use the car for what it is, a good transportation car that can be reliable for an old car..
:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts