Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1993 yoda
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol you guys are funny.:drama: i had one around here somewhere ill see if i can scrounge it up. might go with that deathbox II design though.

prob just buy it its cheaper and got good reviews. seems no one on here has a system other than stock in theyre ride?.

·
Registered
398 Posts
All I got is a flipscreen and some entry level speakers. No boom for me. Boxes weigh the ass end down too low.

·
Registered
1993 yoda
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
yeah the weight issue is a bummer. i made a rear truck floor deck from MDF double thick. im taking it back out though. i got all excited and forgot about the weight lol. just doing one MDF sheet instead of two this time.

i got new carpet i cut to match the stock carpet shape from lowes and new carpet padding and dynamat for the trunk lid. that stuff weighs to much also. just 4 sq feet of dyna is to heavy sadly. im going to try some thick tape for sound proofing and dynamat for key areas. save weight and a few clams.

4 sq ft was 40 dollars for that crap.:headbang:

im really stoked about gtn that deathbox for my subs now though. woot.

·
Registered
567 Posts
:rofl2::rofl::preach:

will it fit?.
It's not only the dimensions of the trunk but also the ability to insert it inside as well as the arms inside the trunk lid. You might have to build it inside and that will be really fun:fruit::fruit::fruit:

I'm betting :nono:

·
Registered
1993 yoda
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
yup. i came across that prob with the floor template for the trunk. it was cut perfect to spec but wouldnt go in so i had to trim some off the sides than angle it to go in.:bash: im going to measure to see i def dont want to try and build that inside the car. if i had the money id pay someone to but sadly i dont. thus the death box II idea is looking better. people said this is the best box anywhere from theyre reviews. it hold 2 12"s. well see. ill measure for both those pup"s.:naughty:

update.. im making a drywall model of both boxes to spec"s then set in it.. and see.... do not wanna order this box and it not fit!. that would be crap. that thing is hair raising high priced. i could maybe build one, but dont know. have to think it over.. the death box isnt that much pre built then i get it shipped to me through UPS. but the wicked one w032 is overpriced by 100 dollars to me.. 8/

ok i made the box and the wicked one fits with tons of room to spare. its a smidgen tight up at the rear deck all the way up becayse the rear deck speakers poke down but def is a winner. clears the trunk monkey bars easy also. im going with that version. OvO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.