Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Disclaimer: No personal experience with heim joint UCAs.

I've heard people complain about squeaking from steering/tie rod heim joints, so I don't see how UCAs with heim joints would be any different. It seems that the advantages would be to be able to dial in your alignment even more. I don't see the benefit unless you are racing or have something else going on that requires the additional adjustability. Compare the design of the urethane bushing UCAs that you can actually inject with grease to keep you going for a while with the design of the heim and it looks like the urethane UCAs are better suited for the daily driver. The uniballs for both sets appear unchanged. These are just my personal observations...not claiming to be informed...

My suggestion is to just call TC and ask them what is best for your application. They designed them, after all...:D

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may be right. I wonder if there is an increased cost with these? I tried calling Total Chaos, but they have the luxury of being closed on Friday. Wish I worked there.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As popular as the Total chaos stuff is, I am surprised no one has gotten this setup yet. How long has it been out? Come guys quit holding out, lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts