Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried to put the rear sway bar from the X-runner on a Prerunner? I have an '06 Prerunner and with most all of my driving on the street with the occasional trip towing the boat I'd like to have the reduced body roll. My Dakota had one and towed a lot better then my mom's Dakota which didn't.

Thanks,
Shane

·
Registered
348 Posts
I am curious too. Whats the sway bar look like? If someone is in the Las Vegas area, I would like to see if it comes off and bolts right on. Thanks

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
yea its all bolt on. Its on there with end links.
I would imagine they would work. I think all the frame rails are probably stamped then put together for each truck its going to be used on. So I would imagine they have all the same mounting bolt holes

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
If you want to move the truck's handling characteristics from moderate understeer to a more neutral setup, then add the rear sway. The back end may want to swing around more in inclement weather, and with more ground clearance, that's not the best thing to have. The front sway bar on the DC is huge, BTW.

The X-Runner has 18x8 rims, so there's more rubber on the pavement, along with a lower center of gravity.

·
Registered
05 Tacoma Dbl Cab LB
356 Posts
Due to the ride height diff between the X-Runner and Pre-Runner, the end links may not be long enough for the Pre-Runner. I saw pics of someones ride, Pre-Runner (from a muffler install I think), that had an aftermarket rear sway bar on it. I think it was on Tundra Solutions...I will try to find it.

[EDIT] OK, never mind...it was a Tundra not a Tacoma.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
91MR2quickNA said:
If you want to move the truck's handling characteristics from moderate understeer to a more neutral setup, then add the rear sway. The back end may want to swing around more in inclement weather, and with more ground clearance, that's not the best thing to have. The front sway bar on the DC is huge, BTW.

The X-Runner has 18x8 rims, so there's more rubber on the pavement, along with a lower center of gravity.
front sway is 1.18" on the trucks..the XRunner rear sway is .98"
You where not saying to get XR 18's where you. Prerunner is 6bolt and XR is 5bolt

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. I could make longer end links without too much trouble. Would like to see a photo though. I find it hard to explain when I get caught under someones cars at the supermarket.......................

Shane
'06 Silver

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Sorry not the best..its dark out and chilly...Looks like the mount on the frame is rivited on

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
05XRunner,

Are the sway bar mount brackets welded or bolted to the rear end? My Prerunner does not have these. Don't know if I'd be comfertable welding something on to a complete and oil filled unit.

Shane
06 Silver

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I didnt stick my finger in the frame...it looks like a large rivit or its bolted...you can see the rounded head on the bracket in the one pic...its not welded from what I can see

1 - 15 of 15 Posts