Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
My search-fu is weak!
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says. I took a look under there this morning, and I found that the space is pretty tight under there. But with a little work, and some minor cutting, it looks like it could be possible. Has anyone done it? Or am I just nuts thinking of cutting up a beautiful truck to put some thump back there?

My reasoning, before anyone asks, is that I have 2 12" eD subs, and the boxes are kind of small. I mounted the amp in between the boxes, like Mr. Marv's box for two tens. But with a little wider box, I could possibly vent the subs, and really crank up the thump. But to do that, I'd need to find another place for the amp. Under the seats isn't really an option, as the rear heat vents are there, and the amp would be exposed to quite a few feet, as I use my truck's rear seats alot. That, and I'd need to find a spot to mount the front stage amp, as the current door speakers are only running off the deck.:thumbdown Sounds like crap, but that's all the room I have now.

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
Some girl on cardomain put 3 12" subs behind the back seats and two amps under the back seats. Here's a pic.

\

·
My search-fu is weak!
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ Nice, that's what I'm thinking about. But I'd definitely clean up the wiring a ton. That looks like crap beside that Zapco amp. I'll have to take a closer look at it, when it's not so damn cold out. Maybe I can work something out. Thanks again.:thumbup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
is it just me, or is her top seat lock bracket extremely bent?

edit: it also looks like by doing that she lost her seat bottom seat brackets as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts