Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
celica alltrac
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 09 camry CE manual and am looking at some tires. It seems we dont have an official/stickied wheel offset thread that I could find so searching hasnt been very helpful. Let me know what you think guys.

Fronts: 18x8 +45 w/ 225/40/18
Rears: 18x9 +48 w/ 235/40/18

·
Registered
celica alltrac
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If the rims fit id buy them and get the proper rubber size later. Is this an issue spacers/coilovers can correct? I want to double check before I put out for rims. Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 Camry SE
119 Posts
I have a 09 camry CE manual and am looking at some tires. It seems we dont have an official/stickied wheel offset thread that I could find so searching hasnt been very helpful. Let me know what you think guys.

These wheel sizes are all screwy. First of all, you do not want to stagger your wheels with different offsets from front to back. This can greatly effect the handling of your car in a negative way (especially for a FWD car). +48 offset will actually suck the wheels CLOSER into your wheel wells than stock +45. Second of all, you do not want to put different size wheels from the front to back for the same reason. Getting different sizes will hinder your handling and also prevent you from rotating your tires when they need to be. You need to go with either all 18x8 or all 18x9 with an offset nothing more than +45 offset. So go shopping and get your wheels in order, then we can start talking about tire size.

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
With this setup
it will be too tuck-in even if the rear fit without rub the strut. I will get the spacers for the front and rear for the flush look.

·
Take it easy... :-)
'08 XLE
3,018 Posts
These wheel sizes are all screwy. First of all, you do not want to stagger your wheels with different offsets from front to back. This can greatly effect the handling of your car in a negative way (especially for a FWD car). +48 offset will actually suck the wheels CLOSER into your wheel wells than stock +45. Second of all, you do not want to put different size wheels from the front to back for the same reason. Getting different sizes will hinder your handling and also prevent you from rotating your tires when they need to be. You need to go with either all 18x8 or all 18x9 with an offset nothing more than +45 offset. So go shopping and get your wheels in order, then we can start talking about tire size.
Well, if you are not racing it is no problem to run a bit staggered (offset and tire width). I do with +45 (f) and +35 (r) and have no issue whatsoever.

·
Registered
2008 Camry SE
119 Posts
Well, if you are not racing it is no problem to run a bit staggered (offset and tire width). I do with +45 (f) and +35 (r) and have no issue whatsoever.
I bet you're gonna have a blast when it comes rotation time lol. No really, I know staggering is okay, but I've had countless mechanics advise against it; especially if it's a daily driver.

·
Take it easy... :-)
'08 XLE
3,018 Posts
I bet you're gonna have a blast when it comes rotation time lol. No really, I know staggering is okay, but I've had countless mechanics advise against it; especially if it's a daily driver.
yeap, but not because of offset. All my tires have the same size...the problem is they are all directional and while they have the same dimensions, my front and rear rims have different design...so, I need to unmount all four to rotate anyway.

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
yeap, but not because of offset. All my tires have the same size...the problem is they are all directional and while they have the same dimensions, my front and rear rims have different design...so, I need to unmount all four to rotate anyway.
Ouch what a hassle!

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
Problem with staggered setup? Nothing. I've been running staggered for over a year now with over 20K miles without a problem (same as other TN members whom also ran staggered). Like Tobeit said, our camry is not a racing car so unless you take it to the track there is no problem for a daily driving car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts