Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2013 Corolla S
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been having an issue with the Bluetooth in both my old 2012 with Entune / Nav and my current 2013 with Entune / Nav.

When I start Bluetooth streaming and later skip forward or restart a song I sometimes get silence instead of the music but the counter shows the song is playing. To restore sound I have to switch to a different source or turn off the car, power cycle the bluetooth on my phone, and then restart bluetooth streaming on the car to get music back. If I skip any of those it stays silent.

I happens most often if I skip early in a song. It will happen even if I skip using the phone instead of car controls.

I suspect it is a car side problem as the same phone works fine on with other BT device such as my home stereo, my headphones, my wife's Kenwood headunit, and my two work vehicles.

Anyone else have this problem? Is it fixed in a software update?

EDIT: Of course I try to get it on camera and I cannot get the car to glitch while filming... :| It did it yesterday. It will probably do it tomorrow on the way to work.

EDIT 2: Well... I've now been at it again for about 10 min and still can't get it to glitch. I do have the Entune cellphone app, hopefully whatever the issue was it was coincidentally fixed OTA yesterday.

·
10th Gen Addict
2011 Toyota Corolla
3,408 Posts
I think it's more of a problem with phone compatibility with the Toyota systems. For my Corolla, my mom's old HTC One M8 was connected to it through Bluetooth and it was horrible. The music would stutter, not play, skip, etc. Once I connected my iPhone to it, it works flawlessly. So maybe you could try using a different phone to see if the same problems ever occur.

·
2013 Corolla S
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's more of a problem with phone compatibility with the Toyota systems. For my Corolla, my mom's old HTC One M8 was connected to it through Bluetooth and it was horrible. The music would stutter, not play, skip, etc. Once I connected my iPhone to it, it works flawlessly. So maybe you could try using a different phone to see if the same problems ever occur.
My 2 year upgrade date is less than 3 hours away :grin: so we will see very soon... if the problem returns before then.

Reactions: SupremeCorolla451
1 - 3 of 3 Posts