Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005/2015 Corolla
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Corolla S that I got last year with only 17,000 miles. I have noticed that there are several places around the trunk and hood where the paint has started to peel. Has this happened to anyone else? What is the best way to stop this from spreading?

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
was the car in an accident or have known body work done to it? looks to me like shoddy paint/body work. if they did not prep the surface correctly or use good paint then it won't stick

·
Registered
15 Posts
No problem whatsoever on my 2014 Corolla S but mine is slate gray. I have no idea if there's a correlation but, you're not the first to report paint problems on a deep blue car. I don't remember if it was here on toyotanation forum or somewhere else, but recently there was a similar post about peeling paint on a blue Corolla.

Also, I had paint peeling all over the place on my old 2013 Kia Rio and it was almost exactly the same shade of blue. I bought that Kia brand new and it had never been involved in an accident. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy but I'm starting to think blue isn't a reliable option for car paint.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,953 Posts
The top edge of the fender has missing paint too. Fender is making some contact with the edge of the hood when opened or closed.

If it's not known to you of accident history, the fender or hood is likely out of alignment.

Does the anti theft label match your corolla's vin tag?

Is it missing?

·
Registered
2005/2015 Corolla
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No accidents no theft

was the car in an accident or have known body work done to it? looks to me like shoddy paint/body work. if they did not prep the surface correctly or use good paint then it won't stick
The top edge of the fender has missing paint too. Fender is making some contact with the edge of the hood when opened or closed.

If it's not known to you of accident history, the fender or hood is likely out of alignment.

Does the anti theft label match your corolla's vin tag?

Is it missing?
I have checked the VIN #'s and have a pretty thorough Carfax report. I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with the colors as others have mentioned. Knowing this makes me feel somewhat better.

Does anyone know if there is a way to slow this down? Like a paint or something I could spray over the chipping areas to stop it from spreading?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,953 Posts
I would call Toyota customer service to find out if there's an open tsb for the paint. I know on the 9th gen Corolla with the dark blue would degrade quicker compared to other colors.

I tried googling tsb's, and didn't find one.

·
Premium Member
2016 Corolla S Prem
3,616 Posts
I have that same wear pattern on the top edge of the fender, only about 2" long at the very back. It's the same on both sides. No accidents and I bought it new, panels appear to be fitted properly, there are even gaps between the hood and fender on both sides. It's just movement of the hood.

I noticed it when I was installing my gas hood struts... I was hoping that the struts would help to stabilize the hood, and I haven't noticed it getting any worse, but I don't know that the struts would have prevented it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,953 Posts
It can be corrected with shims.

When the car is being assembled, the panels get adjusted to fit and finish specs that Toyota uses.

Of course, the right side is off by a tenth of a mm or larger.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Corolla S that I got last year with only 17,000 miles. I have noticed that there are several places around the trunk and hood where the paint has started to peel. Has this happened to anyone else? What is the best way to stop this from spreading?

Thanks for your time.
Hi my name is Amanda I have a 2015 Toyota Corolla S metallic blue and it is also doing the same thing.....what did you.do about yours???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts