Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this custom rack maker on the internet. The racks appear to be top-of-line. Anyone ever have a rack made for them by Ryder Racks? I like that I can get in in almost any configuration I can dream up.

Unfortunately, they're in NC and I'm in Colorado, so shipping won't be cheap. If you know of a custom shop in Colorado, I'd love to know about it.

Thanks.

http://www.ryderracks.com/index.php

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

My name is Stuart. I'm new to the site.

Seth placed an order for a Ryder Rack this afternoon. He's supplied me with several specific details on how he would like to have his rack customized.

He asked me to provide several photos of the rack as it is being fabricated. I agreed and will be posting photos of the step-by-step process.

Feel free to reply to this thread if you have any questions about the fabrication method or ryder racks in general.

Hope you enjoy...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stuart,

You did good work...as evidence by the photos.

Looking forward to years of service from it.

Thanks,
Seth

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Simple. I had 1" x 2" x 3/8" stainless blocks cut and tapped a 5/16" hole in the center. I slid that into the existing Toyota tiedown track and then drilled a hole in the rack's vertical bedrail and bolted through it. I put one at each corner of the truck. No permanent attachment to the truck.

·
Banned
124 Posts
I want a headache rack! Nobody makes one for a Tacoma!
Can you make me one?
A headache rack is a steel rack mounted to the front of the bed to protect the rear window from breaking when I throw stuff in the bed and it bounces off the floor of the bed and breaks my rear window

1 - 13 of 13 Posts