Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where the best place to get audiocontrol stuff at? I'm looking into getting an Audiocontrol DQX to go with my Image Dynamics horns and mids. Also are there any Car Audio dealers that post on the board?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Other than ebay, forum market places, et al... you won't really find Audiocontrol stuff for sale. I have a guy who has friends who are Audiocontrol dealers but even they are reluctant to sell under retail. I believe Audiocontrol, like JL, police their wares with a stern hand.

It looks like we will have similar systems. I am running USD's.

Here are some links to guys selling AC stuff. I can't vouch for any of these guys.

http://www.carsound.com/UBB/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=007175

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=070707#000000

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you are going to purchase new products from a non-authorized source, you are asking for trouble in the long run (not saying you would). If a manufacturer is not going to authorize a source (like the internet) the product that this source may or may not have did not come from the manufacturer. The product can be stolen, counterfit or modified to remove serial numbers (all violations of law).
The problem for the end user is the quality of the modified products is severely reduced. When the product breaks, the cost of repair and re-serialization plus the intial investment ends up costing more than retail.
I bring this up because the internet was mentioned.

Regards,
J.Colasanti
JL Audio, Inc.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point JLTD. So I guess there are no online authorized dealers. I have had good experiences with sounddomain for image dynamics stuff, they are an authorized dealer. But I can't find one for audiocontrol. The cheapest I found the DQX on the internet was 419.99 I wonder if an authorized dealer would be close in price.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way it's good to have you on the board, welcome to TN. You should post an intro on the me/mine/mods sub forum.

·
Registered
159 Posts
An authorized DQT is around 400 bucks. The DQX, having a crossover, should be higher in price.

Regardless of price, make sure you find a capable tuner unless you have the ears yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts