Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did a search but didn't find what i was looking for.

Do you have 3m clear bra installed? Or something similar??
I am just trying to get a rough idea of average cost and how happy you are with it.

My black S is chipping horribly.

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was told 425.00 in ct so I went with a really good car bra my 2010 corolla is only 4 months old and it its getting destroy from highway rocks. The bra is not the greates look but it does the job for my weekly commutes to the city.

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
I have (had) it on my Corolla. It's great stuff...had it installed on the hood, fenders, and bumper and it's withstood lots of abuse. Paint looks good after 64,000KM.

If I was to do it again, however, I'd do the entire hood so that when the time comes to peal it off you won't have a line of good paint vs chipped paint. I suspect that the 3M films have a lifespan of 4-5 years before they start to wear and need to be reapplied...but I suppose that depends on lots of factors.

It cost me aboug $500 at the time and took the guy about 2 hours to install.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys so far.
Wow that is way more than I want to spend. Especially if it is not a one time thing! That really clinches it for me.
Guess I will end up doing the bra... Even though I Really don't want to.

·
Registered
09 Corolla S
2,598 Posts
the other option is buying a clear bra off an ebay seller and doing it yourself. ive seen a whole frontend+sideskirts and the bottom of the doors for sale. not sure how much it cost though. might be looking at 100 dollars for the precut material.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i have it done on my blue 09 corolla s for $590CDN. life time guarantee, so that if it turns color or peels off im covered. picture below shows the area it covers. yes including the lights and side mirrors. theres a strip of it where you move stuff into the trunk to avoid scratching as well. you cant really see it unless youre right next to the car looking at certain angles.

i have 2 small chips on the hood which i got just before the 3m was installed. no chips since. 100% worth it if you can get your car done right after buying it. just make sure you get real 3M and not cheap knock off brands which are thicker and tend to yellow after a few years.

*not my car

·
350whp grocery getter
2010 Corolla S
488 Posts
I have it done on my 2010 S. I haven't yet done it on my 2010 Matrix, and within the first 1k miles it already had some chips. It is worth it for sure, and if you install it yourself it is only like 180 for the whole front end.

·
Lowdown Lowlife
09 Corolla LE MGM
8,948 Posts
I may put one on when i repaint my hood/bumper in a few years as it's chippin pretty bad now IMO, friends say they can't tell unless they really look.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
If I had funds, this would be one of my next mods

I believe Jim (SuperChargedMR2) has a 3M clear bra!

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,789 Posts
If I had funds, this would be one of my next mods

I believe Jim (SuperChargedMR2) has a 3M clear bra!
I do & I love it. I would also cover the hood completely next time too. The entire front end is covered including the headlights, side skirts, door edges & side mirrors. So can you tel it's even install by the pics? Only from the perfect angle! :thumbsup:

You can see the line across the hood here, but you really have to look at it in the daylight.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I do & I love it. I would also cover the hood completely next time too. The entire front end is covered including the headlights, side skirts, door edges & side mirrors. So can you tel it's even install by the pics? Only from the perfect angle! :thumbsup:

You can see the line across the hood here, but you really have to look at it in the daylight.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
:banana::banana::banana:
:woot::woot::woot:
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Wow that rolling shot is just awesome. Makes me love your car even more.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost all you for parts/installation?

·
Registered
227 Posts
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
:banana::banana::banana:
:woot::woot::woot:
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Wow that rolling shot is just awesome. Makes me love your car even more.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost all you for parts/installation?
Priceless, that's Jim man... lol :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts

I regret not getting one when I bought mine. I had no idea that they sold that as an accessory at the my dealer:headbang::headbang::headbang: I got another paint chip on my trip to Austin.....:facepalm: I was changing lanes and this Avalanche flung a big piece or rubber at my car.....it bounced all over the place...time slowed down in my head and I was clinching at what was about to happen but it wasnt too bad...but parents kinda want to repaint the parts of my car now:thumbsup: believe it or not but there is a Maaco that does a good job and of course is cheap but they take a long time.....Volcomxrs recommended them. One day I guess:clap: touch up for now

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I regret not getting one when I bought mine. I had no idea that they sold that as an accessory at the my dealer:headbang::headbang::headbang: I got another paint chip on my trip to Austin.....:facepalm: I was changing lanes and this Avalanche flung a big piece or rubber at my car.....it bounced all over the place...time slowed down in my head and I was clinching at what was about to happen but it wasnt too bad...but parents kinda want to repaint the parts of my car now:thumbsup: believe it or not but there is a Maaco that does a good job and of course is cheap but they take a long time.....Volcomxrs recommended them. One day I guess:clap: touch up for now
How much does the dealer charge for the parts and installation? And under this package, what parts of your car get "covered", "wrapped", or "protected"?

·
Registered
66 Posts
:chug:Best 700 bucks I've ever spent. Had the whole front end done(headlights and fogs too) Side view mirrors and the little indentation where you grip the doo handle. Just went and checked...all the way to the back too on the lower effects on the driver and pass. side.

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts
How much does the dealer charge for the parts and installation? And under this package, what parts of your car get "covered", "wrapped", or "protected"?
it says on the Local brochure that installed msrp. is $395

I think it covers both the sideskirts, mirrors, half the hood, part of both front fenders, front bumper, headlights, fogs, Front lips, and behind the door handles

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
it says on the Local brochure that installed msrp. is $395

I think it covers both the sideskirts, mirrors, half the hood, part of both front fenders, front bumper, headlights, fogs, Front lips, and behind the door handles
Oooh wow.. thats AWESOME! :thumbsup:

This definitely must be one of my next mods.

·
It needsa muffler bearing
BlkSnd 10 Corolla S
567 Posts
I wish I wouldve done it right behind my door handles. When a woman uses a car, those get destroyed.

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts

Were you able to get 100% coverage on the front bumper...or did you heave to leave small areas around the fog lights and grill without 3M tape?

That was my only pet peeve...that I wasn't able to cover it all.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts