Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2007 toyota tundra
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dose anyone have a rattle when the bass hits in the driver front side door panel. kinda mad about it :confused:

·
Go Bills!
Tacoma, 4DR, 2WD
291 Posts
Nope -- if you do, I'd complain at the dealership. Even though the factory speakers are probably not the greatest, there should not be any wierd noises on one side and not the other.

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
I also have a very bad rattle from my driver's side door. However, I'm not taking it into the dealer. I'm redoing the entire stereo and plan on deadening my doors so there won't be any rattles when I'm done with it.

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
I will never take apart a door panel ever again. No more.

From now on the cars that I buy will not be taken apart.
All you get out of it is problems. I regret doing it. I didn't even need new speakers in the Taco. IMO the factory ones sound better when you are using an aftermarket deck. You just gotta adjust the deck and everything sounds great. Very clear highs and loud bass.

I felt like I ruined my truck. I didn't drive it for about 1 week after I switched back to my factory speakers. I was so PISSED. I hated my truck. I am OCD about it!

I just installed a system in my 1993 Civic. It was easy to take apart and put back together. No problems.

I don't have to worry about ruining it since it is already old. It's a scraper.

·
Registered
529 Posts
My truck only rattles when you use the stereo or drive it. When it's in the drive way I don't hear a thing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No rattles. When I hear one I will track it down and kill it.

Good advice on not removing panels. Plastic breaks and fasteners bend. One more reason to keep the factory speakers.

Overall, this is a very solid truck.

·
Registered
325 Posts
There is more plastic in this truck than a Beverly Hills soccer mom:lol:

Fortunately, the door panels have plastic clips that are replaceable. The door panels themselves have slots where the clips side into. You break one, you can easily replace them.

As a tip when removing door panels, use a tool made of the same material you are removing. Translation- DO NOT use a metal screw driver to remove the panels. I use a plastic "SPOON" anytime to remove anything plastic on my truck. You can cover the screwdriver tip with electrical tape if you're in a pinch. This will help minimize that F-d up look whenever you pry something off with a screwdriver.

·
PSU TACO
05 Access Cab TACO
116 Posts
Figure this one out

05tacoma33 said:
dose anyone have a rattle when the bass hits in the driver front side door panel. kinda mad about it :confused:
I have a rattle in the front passanger door towards the front of the door. BUT :ugh3: ONLY when the Sirius is on, not the radio (terrestrial) or when CD is playing ?? What gives:disappoin :confused:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Check and see if there are any extra parts in the bottom of the door. I'm talking about clips, washers, screws, nuts, or bolts that might have fallen out of the assemblers hand who was putting your door together. While you have it off, check and make sure that all the clips on the wire harnesses are clipped into their holes. Then, check and see that your speakers are actually screwed into the inner door panel and that the screws are run all the way down. I can't think of anything else that could be the source.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i too have a rattle from my passenger door. I cannot figure out where it is coming from, possibly from the inside components. I have never taken the door apart. As for the stereo, it sounds fine with cd's, but when i turn on sirius it gets very scratchy (more so on tak radio)and cannot be turned up very loud. It sounds like a speaker is blown, but with cd's I can turn it up all the way with no problems. What gives?

·
Registered
DC, Sprt, 4x4
120 Posts
05tacoma33 said:
Yeah, my passenger door rattles..even when the stereo is not on. Drives me crazy when goin over every little bump.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts