Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
The Smashing Pumpkins
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gen 4 Camrys w/Eibach springs?

I have a 1999 V6 Camry w/a TRD body kit. I bought the Eibach springs to accompany the Tokico struts for better handling, not really for looks. I am having second thoughts about the springs. I don't want my car to look all low and ricey. I really don't want to end up scraping over things. If any of you have lowered your Gen. 4 Camrys, please tell me about how things are going for you and how the cars looks. Your help would be greatly appreciated and would aide me in making a decision as to whether I should sell the Eibachs or put them on.

·
Whine Connoisseur
11,017 Posts
I've got TRD skirts and Solara Eibach springs. They're advertised as dropping 1.6" as compared to the Camry which only drops 1.2".
With a trunk full of audio equip, the rear wheels are inline with the fender. The front has a 2.5 finger gap between the tire and fender.
I did have to adjust my driving style slightly to avoid scrapping. I have to be mindful of inclines when driving in and out of driveways that are slightly inclined. I also have to reduce my speed and negotiate high speedbumps one tire at a time. All in all, it's not a nuisance or something I curse and regret doing. It's just a slight adjustment.
I say put the springs on and just take it easy until you get used to avoiding obsticals. Don't do what I did and pull into the driveway at normal speeds the first week or you'll get the dreaded *scraaaaaap* :rolleyes: Moreover, the handling of the car will quickly overshadow any negatives. Slam that sh!t.

btw-I've got Tokico struts too. Click my "www" if you wanna see pics.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Actually, I scrape less with people in the car now that it's lowered! I have the 1.2" drop (Camry springs) and it's tough to tell it's been lowered. And the springs are stiffer, so the car will be less likely to bottom out when you have people in the back seat...

DJ

·
Why not?
283 Posts
dj14901 said:
Actually, I scrape less with people in the car now that it's lowered! I have the 1.2" drop (Camry springs) and it's tough to tell it's been lowered. And the springs are stiffer, so the car will be less likely to bottom out when you have people in the back seat...

DJ
tru that ......:cool:

·
Pimpin' In Paradise.
2000 Toyota Camry
352 Posts
toyotaholic said:
hey phi, im considering lowering my 2000 camry, if i use the same setup as you (solara eibach springs) its ok right?
OH NO YOU DIDN'T! *snaps fingers sassily* Phi patented the solara eibach setup along with the hundreds of other people on the board that has it. Don't fronk with Phi. He'll kick your ass and make a love song about it. :lol:

Edit: Wow, I take thirty seconds to type a reply and two people already replied ahead of me. Is this what you guys do all day at work?!?!?! Oh ok, just checking...me too!

·
l33tness is Uniquiness
78 Posts
Phi, do you drive your cam in the winter here in Toronto? if so whats does it drive like?

·
Whine Connoisseur
11,017 Posts
l33tGreenCamry: No, I don't. However, I did have to drive it once after a heavy snowfall. I managed okay but got alot of snow and slush trapped and built up in the wheel wells due to lack of clearance and a place for it to escape. After I got to my destination, I hacked away at it with a snow scrapper. If not removed, it freezes and turns into solid ice - eek! Honestly, if I didn't have access to other cars, I would drive my car in the winter. Snow gets cleared off the roads by the city pretty quick here.

·
Every road's a playground
2000 camry ce
1,576 Posts
i noticed you guys favor the eibach pro-kit/tokico blue strut setup, which leads to 2 questions:

1) i havent seen alot of people compliment their coilovers, how well do coilvers perform compared to eibach/tokico setup

2) what brand of shocks do you guys use?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Tein's SS coilovers are about $1100
JIC's FLT A2 coilovers are about $1200
JIC's FLT A1 coilover sleeves are about $400 (non-adjustable damper)
And theres also the D2 group buy for what $1100? But I don't think they've resolved the noise issue yet.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i have 2000 camry and i just got TRD lowering springs and KYB. to me it look pretty good not too low. but to me handeling is kind same as stocks. maybe i should get eibach anti-roll bar. oh... and sometime i feel my front passenger side tire will scratch the fender. when i make a right turn on a road is not that flat. my tire is 215/40/17

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.