Toyota Nation Forum banner

Anyone have a Gen 4 Camry w/Eibach springs?

6235 Views 33 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  dj14901
Gen 4 Camrys w/Eibach springs?

I have a 1999 V6 Camry w/a TRD body kit. I bought the Eibach springs to accompany the Tokico struts for better handling, not really for looks. I am having second thoughts about the springs. I don't want my car to look all low and ricey. I really don't want to end up scraping over things. If any of you have lowered your Gen. 4 Camrys, please tell me about how things are going for you and how the cars looks. Your help would be greatly appreciated and would aide me in making a decision as to whether I should sell the Eibachs or put them on.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
302 Posts
Actually, I scrape less with people in the car now that it's lowered! I have the 1.2" drop (Camry springs) and it's tough to tell it's been lowered. And the springs are stiffer, so the car will be less likely to bottom out when you have people in the back seat...

DJ

· Registered
302 Posts
Scotter said:
I ordered KYB's from an online merchant and it has been a hassle. The KYB's came in and one was grey and made in Japan, three came black and made in the USA, and most were damaged and dented. The sales rep said there was no way to assure uniformity since they came from different warehouses. My return shipment with RA was refused. It was my first major online purchase and it hasn't been a good experience. It may only be my experience but be careful when dealing with alloem, partsbin, autopartswarehouse or whomever they do business as or call themselves.
For suspension upgrades I highly recommend:

http://www.shox.com

They have great prices (usually they will pricematch, too), and were a pleasure to deal with.

Sorry to hear about your experience with that online retailer, it sounds like it's been very frustrating!

Take Care,

DJ

· Registered
302 Posts
The GR-2s and the Eibachs have done pretty well over the last 33K or so, but the ride is pretty stiff up front. It's been that way since I upgraded the suspension, but I guess my patience with the stiffer ride is starting to wear thin (or I'm getting old)!

I'm in CT, so the back roads are pretty bad up here, especially after the kind of winter we've had. On the highway (or relatively smooth roads) the ride is perfect, the right balance of firmness and control. The car handles beautifully, but I'm going to swap my upgraded Whiteline front sway bar with the stock one to see if that smooths things out in terms of the front suspension.

Depending on how that experiment goes, I may switch to the Tein H-Tech or S-Tech springs in the near future in hopes of making the ride a bit smoother. I've been driving the car more frequently, so a better ride is the higher priority (over handling) right now...

HTH -

DJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.