Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
depends on the seller. If they offer a warranty, which a lot of the big sellers do, i wouldnt worry too much about it.

·
Whats a Noobian?
camry 98'
218 Posts
moving parts, amps dont have any moving parts that im worried about. (most anyway)

if you buy an amp from a reputable company, usually they have good components... sure every once and a while a bad capacitor will go, so a customer will send it back and they replace the capacitor. after that the amp may last for a good 10 or so years.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I had a b-stock Pioneer low model CD player in the past. I bought it off a buddy who used it, but I am unsure for how long. I used it for 2-3 years, and sold it to another friend. Unsure if it still works since my friend got rid of the vehicle it was in. Take note that this was back in the mid 90's, when Pioneer was a bit better constructed than now, IMO.

I have also gotten a refurb Harmon Kardon cassette player in the past. POS. POS. POS.

Now, I'll only buy new stuff from authorized dealers. For as much money as a decent head unit costs, I see no reason to buy possible subpar equipment. I'd rather buy a new lower model than risk buying a refurb higher model with possible problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.