Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the GTA and my tranny is grinding badly. Im looking for a new one in decent shape. I got a 91 MR2. Does anyone know where i can find one for a decent price?

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
793 Posts
GTA? i have a used 5SFE tranny that i'm trying like hell to get rid of. i pulled it for my 3SGTE swap and now it's sitting in my garage, doing me no good. PM me if you're interested. it doesn't grind. i'd be happy to let it go for cheap.

-Mike
[email protected]
[email protected]

·
Registered
500 Posts
If all else fails you can get all the syncros for about $200 and rebuild it yourself. Or you can take it to a tranny shop and have it done for quite a bit more.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a 5sfe motor and 5-spd. tranny for sale as well. The motor was rebuilt but beleive it has another spun bearing, tranny was fine. pm if interested.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Gairloch said:
If all else fails you can get all the syncros for about $200 and rebuild it yourself. Or you can take it to a tranny shop and have it done for quite a bit more.
Can you get syncros for the 3sgte for that? If so where?

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Junkyards and tranny shop. A FWD tranny from Celica and Camry will work. You'll need to sway a few parts from your old one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i got a a trans and motor and axels, hubs, Ecu, Clutch master, shift cable, ecu and a bunch of other junk for 3sgte and 5sfe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts